Coffee Shop?

Insider forum for fans of Vanderbilt football, men's and women's basketball, and baseball. Signup for access here https://www.14powers.com/signup-for-membership/ If you are a premium member and are having trouble accessing this board please email donyates@vandymania.com Include your username in the email.
dcdore
Admiral

Coffee Shop?

Post by dcdore »

Don, did you guys shut it down? I don't blame you if you did, but I miss it.

Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
vebiltdervan
Fleet Admiral

Re: Coffee Shop?

Post by vebiltdervan »

Sure looks like it. I hadn't posted in several days (been on the road), but I looked at it earlier today, & there were lots of personal insults going back & forth. Not good. People had been warned this could happen if they did that.
KarenYates
Site Admin

Post by KarenYates »

dcdore wrote:Don, did you guys shut it down? I don't blame you if you did, but I miss it.
It's shut down for now. Sorry for the minority which were capable of posting within the rules.
abvandy
Rear Admiral

Post by abvandy »

If and when the Coffee Shop returns, I hope that all of the posters will be as passionate about supporting our Vanderbilt players & teams as they have been about political views....

CONQUER!!...., and PREVAIL!!!
vebiltdervan
Fleet Admiral

Post by vebiltdervan »

abvandy wrote:If and when the Coffee Shop returns, I hope that all of the posters will be as passionate about supporting our Vanderbilt players & teams as they have been about political views...
That's arguably the problem: the posters are every bit as passionate about their/our political views as they/we are about our Vandy sports!—they/we are all in agreement about the latter, not at all about the former.
thefan
Captain

Post by thefan »

I guess Vandymaniacs are so fragile and delicate that they need censor protection: hope the Dores are tougher than this board!
Matheta
Admiral

I wasn't even there

Post by Matheta »

vebiltdervan wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:58 pm Sure looks like it. I hadn't posted in several days (been on the road), but I looked at it earlier today, & there were lots of personal insults going back & forth. Not good. People had been warned this could happen if they did that.
And I don't believe EllistonVU was there either!!!
thefan
Captain

Post by thefan »

Are we that "sensitive" and politically correct that we can't withstand an insult? So "free' expression gets dumped; pitiful! I probably got as many ad hominem attacks as anyone, so what? Hope the football team is much tougher than we seem to be.
AuricFan
Lieutenant

Post by AuricFan »

Here is a link to forum etiquette: https://youtu.be/L6NopU9K_8M
Rudder01
Seaman

Post by Rudder01 »

thefan wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:33 pm Are we that "sensitive" and politically correct that we can't withstand an insult? So "free' expression gets dumped; pitiful! I probably got as many ad hominem attacks as anyone, so what? Hope the football team is much tougher than we seem to be.
i think nuance will win out. this oversensitivity happens once every 100 years and then common sense prevails. unf racism does too but shows that being hyperchondriac about it doesnt help the sickness.
Locked Previous topicNext topic