Carson Fulmer up-date

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VanDSIRROM
Admiral

Carson Fulmer up-date

Post by VanDSIRROM »

http://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/sport ... 8c295.html

"The ex-Vanderbilt right hander had a decent April, sporting a 4.32 ERA and tossing seven scoreless innings against Kansas City on April 28. But his ERA has jumped almost two runs higher after giving up nine runs over 5 1/3 innings over his past two outings, both defeats."

"I want to be a starter, and I am a starter," Fulmer said. "This organization's given me an opportunity to go out there and prove that, and I have. I've gone out there, and I've pitched deep into ballgames. I think that slowing the game down a little bit and not trying to be too perfect. When I do that, a lot of balls get left out over the plate, and I fall behind. Just trust my ability to go out there and throw, throw strikes and pound the zone, which I'm very capable of doing."

"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name--He marks--not that you won or lost--but how you played the game." Grantland Rice, VU Alumnus

@AD @AD @AD @AD
BWestbrook
Rear Admiral

Re: Carson Fulmer up-date

Post by BWestbrook »

Wish we had him this year!
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Re: Carson Fulmer up-date

Post by Commodoredave »

I just don't get it. Explosive fastball, power curve, decent change. The control has been shaky, but they're hitting the ball too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic