MTSU

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

geeznotagain
Admiral

Re: Joe Fisher just said...

Post by geeznotagain »

Versus75 wrote:... there has been talk (among broadcast booth folks) regarding completing the game when MTSU comes to Nashville next month.
If not, and we lose 4-3, when was the last time the Dores baseball team lost 5 games in a row??

admin
Site Admin

Re: MTSU

Post by admin »

Joe Fisher says he's "believes" the game has been called and the score reverts back to 4-3. However, Statbroadcast still says 4-3 in the 8th inning... Uh, just in, the score reverts, confirmed now. We lose 4-3.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
ScrappyDore
Captain

Post by ScrappyDore »

That rule sucks. They need to change it to "if visiting team takes lead then game to be continued if possible or if not then suspended." This teams luck is so bad right now they win and still lose. If I was Corbin I would tell them either finish when you come to Nashville or we will never go to Murfreesboro again.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Back in the day that teams had to travel by train to get to games, this rule made sense. In today's world, it doesn't. As the rule stands, I agree it makes sense: If there is no way to finish the game (ever) you revert to the last inning. But in today's world, if the game can be continued in any way, it should be. OK, if it is the Sunday game in Los Angeles, and we have to come back to Nashville for Monday classes, fine. This game is 30 miles down the road. Spend 3 hours packing up, driving down, finishing the game, and driving home. Good grief.
fldore
Vice Admiral

Post by fldore »

ScrappyDore wrote:That rule sucks. They need to change it to "if visiting team takes lead then game to be continued if possible or if not then suspended." This teams luck is so bad right now they win and still lose. If I was Corbin I would tell them either finish when you come to Nashville or we will never go to Murfreesboro again.
Agreed. Idiotic rule. Especially in a situation like this where we were most likely going to win. If the visiting team takes the lead and you arent able to finish at some other time, they should just wipe the game from the record books. Taking a loss when you are most likely going to win because of some arcane rule is preposterous.
SV# VU# Fl@g @AD
fldore
Vice Admiral

Post by fldore »

Frankly I'm surprised over the entire history of baseball this hasnt happened enough times that someone would have finally change a stupid rule.
SV# VU# Fl@g @AD
VanDSIRROM
Admiral

Post by VanDSIRROM »

Stupid is as stupid does...stupid can be fixed...but only if the "fixers" are not dumb...time will tell...
"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name--He marks--not that you won or lost--but how you played the game." Grantland Rice, VU Alumnus

@AD @AD @AD @AD
AtrumEtAureum
Vice Admiral

Post by AtrumEtAureum »

It sucks to lose, but I'm more worried about our inability to score a run without the long ball in recent games.
nyyankeeDore
Captain

Post by nyyankeeDore »

VanDSIRROM wrote:Stupid is as stupid does...stupid can be fixed...but only if the "fixers" are not dumb...time will tell...
MLB changed the rule after a game decided by this rule in 1977 that almost determined the A.L. East pennant (first place Yankees lost a game in Baltimore in which they were ahead of second place Orioles).
'23 '27 '28 '32 '36 '37 '38 '39 '41
'43 '47 '49 '50 '51 '52 '53 '56 '58
'61 '62 '77 '78' '96 '98 '99 '00 '09
VU#
dcdore
Admiral

Post by dcdore »

nyyankeeDore wrote:
VanDSIRROM wrote:Stupid is as stupid does...stupid can be fixed...but only if the "fixers" are not dumb...time will tell...
MLB changed the rule after a game decided by this rule in 1977 that almost determined the A.L. East pennant (first place Yankees lost a game in Baltimore in which they were ahead of second place Orioles).
So, what you're saying is that the NCAA will change this when it affects Alabama football or Kentucky basketball.
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
Locked Previous topicNext topic