If we are not going to legitimately TRY to win a game

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

admin
Site Admin

Re: If we are not going to legitimately TRY to win a game

Post by admin »

I don't know why they even count mid-week games in the RPI. I believe they only recently started counting them. They are like JV games, really. Developmental games. Teams like EKU save their best pitcher for Vandy's No. 4 or 5 pitcher and they are bouncing off the walls for a chance to beat a name team. They shouldn't count towards anything other than the overall record.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
nyyankeeDore
Captain

Post by nyyankeeDore »

ScrappyDore wrote:This Junior class is the worst class of pitchers maybe in the history of the program. Other than Raby, not a single other pitcher can be counted on for an out.
Sadly, the best pitcher in that class, Donny Everett, did not make it to his junior year.
'23 '27 '28 '32 '36 '37 '38 '39 '41
'43 '47 '49 '50 '51 '52 '53 '56 '58
'61 '62 '77 '78' '96 '98 '99 '00 '09
VU#
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

nyyankeeDore wrote:
ScrappyDore wrote:This Junior class is the worst class of pitchers maybe in the history of the program. Other than Raby, not a single other pitcher can be counted on for an out.
Sadly, the best pitcher in that class, Donny Everett, did not make it to his junior year.
Yes, I suspect he would have been the ace and Friday night starter this year had that awful, tragic accident not occurred.
Locked Previous topicNext topic