Leah Macy Ready To Trim Offer List

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Leah Macy Ready To Trim Offer List

Post by MikeADore »

She's a 6'2 power forward who plays at Mercy Academy in Louisville. She's #8 on the Hoopgurlz list for '25. My favorite recruit. She has visited Vandy twice, and I expect us to make whatever number finalist list she comes up with, then it gets tough. I've always felt she would be hard to get away from Louisville and still feel that way, but she obviously likes Vanderbilt, so there's hope.

She's an exceptional offensive player who can score from all over the floor. Really good three-point shooter, but what makes her my favorite is that she has a strong body and knows how to use it in the paint. Not afraid to carve out rebounding space and room to score. Plays hard always.

I counted 37 offers on the list. It sounds like she is ready to trim that list down. Could be a Top 10, but it could be less. This is a pure guess, but I'm going to say Top 7, including:

Vandy
Louisville
Notre Dame
Kentucky
North Carolina
Duke
Tennessee

I'm very confident about Vandy, Louisville and Notre Dame. (Please, no LSU)

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Leah Macy Ready To Trim Offer List

Post by MikeADore »

Macy just made her third visit to Notre Dame in the last six months. She has been there twice in the last six weeks or so. It's probably also worth noting that she attended a small private catholic school in Louisville her first two years in high school and has transferred to another small private catholic school in her home town this year.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Re: Leah Macy Ready To Trim Offer List

Post by geeznotagain »

MikeADore wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:49 am Macy just made her third visit to Notre Dame in the last six months. She has been there twice in the last six weeks or so. It's probably also worth noting that she attended a small private catholic school in Louisville her first two years in high school and has transferred to another small private catholic school in her home town this year.
Maybe clue her in to the “fact” that the pope is a VU alum.
Locked Previous topicNext topic