Haylen Ayers (Ashley McElhiney's Daughter)

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Haylen Ayers (Ashley McElhiney's Daughter)

Post by MikeADore »

Ashley Mac's "little girl." She's just about to enter high school and has already racked up an impressive list of suitors, including Vandy and several other SEC schools. This is just a workout video, but I think it gives you a pretty solid indication of her skill level.

I finally got a chance to see her play during the EYBL Nike Nationals in Chicago with her Tennessee Flight team. She's nearing 6-feet tall now, and she played point guard in the 17U division. She's either 14 or newly turned 15. She ran the offense and handled pressure pretty much flawlessly. She could wind up a wing player with point-guard skills or maybe she'll be a pure point guard. Either way, she will be a very versatile asset for any team.

She's also a star softball player and spends part of her summer playing for an elite team out of Alabama. My guess is that basketball wins out in the end, though.

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Haylen Ayers (Ashley McElhiney's Daughter)

Post by MikeADore »

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Wonder if she knows her mom was the (1) first woman to coach a mens' pro team? (2) The first to get fired in the middle of a game? (3) The first to keep on coaching anyway (4) and the first to outlast the co-owner who fired her?
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

I suspect she's heard about it a time or 10.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

P.S. I would NEVER want anyone to give me the look Ashley gave that woman that night.
Locked Previous topicNext topic