Mikayla Blakes (Hoopgurz #16) Has Vandy as Finalist

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Mikayla Blakes (Hoopgurz #16) Has Vandy as Finalist

Post by MikeADore »

Guess we're not done with '24 after all. I thought Gormley was probably our last live target, but that's obviously not true. Blakes is a 6'0 guard out of Rutgers Prep in New Jersey. She plays for Philly Rise in the summer, the same organization that gave us Ryanne Allen and Justine Pissott.

This has been a very quiet recruitment, even by Vandy's hard-to-decipher code. Vandyfan52 mentioned Blakes to me a few weeks back, and I made a point of watching her play a couple times during the Nike Nationals in Chicago. This girl can play, guys. She'd be a real catch, but the competition is stiff.

Ranked #16 on ESPN Hoopgurlz.

Last edited by MikeADore on Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Mikayla Blakes (Hoopgurz #16) Has Vandy as Finalist

Post by MikeADore »

Highlight reels always look good. This girl seems to look good all the time. Trying not to get my hopes up, but, dang it she would be a huge piece of the puzzle for us going forward.

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

This chart below takes possessions per game and points per game to come up with the points per possession result. Blakes was the best in the entire 32-team EYBL (Nike) circuit this summer. Note that the number-two player on the list, Leah Macy, recently visited Vandy and is without doubt a primary target for '25.

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Sure would like to see a visit soon.

Locked Previous topicNext topic