Sagarin ratings ..

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

cc11316
Rear Admiral

Sagarin ratings ..

Post by cc11316 »

This season is really difficult to project as I've listened to all the podcasts, tried learning about the incoming freshmen and tried to stay pretty close to any credible source to get some insight. My thought is this team should be slightly improved from the 5-7 surging team we saw last season. I realize these supposedly objective ratings like Sagarin will vary greatly week to week and are pretty much meaningless at this point but I have to point out the slight.

Curently Vanderbilt is ranked :
#112 just behind Sacremento State (AA)
#14 in the SEC, the next closest is Missouri which is #65 nationally
#6 amongst AA teams (I know Vandy isn't a AA team but rather a Power 5 one, just making the point)

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Between this and the construction zone lowered 28,500 seating capacity, this does appear to be the start of a very bizarre season. Just 6 days away though.

buffy
Vice Admiral

Re: Sagarin ratings ..

Post by buffy »

cc11316 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:10 pm This season is really difficult to project as I've listened to all the podcasts, tried learning about the incoming freshmen and tried to stay pretty close to any credible source to get some insight. My thought is this team should be slightly improved from the 5-7 surging team we saw last season. I realize these supposedly objective ratings like Sagarin will vary greatly week to week and are pretty much meaningless at this point but I have to point out the slight.

Curently Vanderbilt is ranked :
#112 just behind Sacremento State (AA)
#14 in the SEC, the next closest is Missouri which is #65 nationally
#6 amongst AA teams (I know Vandy isn't a AA team but rather a Power 5 one, just making the point)

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Between this and the construction zone lowered 28,500 seating capacity, this does appear to be the start of a very bizarre season. Just 6 days away though.
I predict we will look pretty nasty by the last half of the season. We will be no fun to play. We're going bowling. At the end of the season it will be all about how Vandy can keep their coach. And we will.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

No disrespect to Sacramento State who had a fine season in 1aa ball, they played a football schedule that included...

Utah Tech (?)
Cal Poly
Eastern Washington
Weber State
Portland State

Incarnate Word hung 66 points on them in the 1aa playoffs.

It's time for mr. sagrin to get new software :oops:
Troubadore
Rear Admiral

Post by Troubadore »

I'm not sure out of which crevasse Mr. Sagarin pulled these ratings, but I'm pretty sure we're better than Sacramento State, MTSU, Buffalo, Montana State, Georgia State, and several others that appear far above us. At least he's got us a few slots above Old Dominion and Weber State. Really? We finished last year at #95 and are expected to regress?? Give us a break. Same 'ol, same 'ol, use it as motivation, gotta prove it on the field.

While these early ratings are garbage, they'll start to mean something after a handful of games. We'd be quite happy to have any of these teams on our schedule. No doubt we'd beat them handily.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Troubadore wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:11 pm...I'm pretty sure we're better than Sacramento State, MTSU, Buffalo, Montana State, Georgia State...
But are we better than all of them put together? I'd say "Yea"
Locked Previous topicNext topic