SEC Network debuts tribute to Roy Kramer Wed. July 19 7pm ET

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

SEC Network debuts tribute to Roy Kramer Wed. July 19 7pm ET

Post by BrentVU »

From the SEC:

SEC Network - Wed. July 19, 7 pm ET
Roy Kramer: A Vision for the SEC – A retrospective of the life and career of the visionary former SEC commissioner Roy Kramer. Kramer became SEC commissioner in 1990 and transformed the conference with the additions of South Carolina and Arkansas, and led the league when it introduced its conference championship game. Kramer pioneered the group of commissioners who developed the BCS, and he orchestrated media rights agreements that set up the SEC for success. The SEC men’s and women’s Athlete of The Year awards are named in his honor.

This retrospective will be part of 47 hours of programming on SEC Network about the upcoming football season.

P.S. For you youngsters, Kramer was Director of Athletics at Vanderbilt before becoming SEC Commissioner and is pretty much universally beloved and respected for the time he served.

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Re: SEC Network debuts tribute to Roy Kramer Wed. July 19 7pm ET

Post by Go Vandy! »

Kramer's choices for SEC expansion to 16: Texas, TAMU, FSU, Miami, and 2 more. 4 out of 6 ain't bad.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

47 hours of programming...

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-rele ... uly-17-20/

Oh yes, Clark Lea will guest on SEC Nation at 6 pm on Tuesday night...

SEC Nation
GRAMMY-nominated band Midland will headline a free concert on Tuesday, July 18. The event on Lower Broadway will activate at 6 p.m. and will be part of a special edition of SEC Nation Presented by Regions on ESPN2 and SEC Network at 7 p.m. The street concert will follow at approximately 8 p.m. Regions will host fan engagement opportunities on site throughout the evening, and SEC Network will have its own brand activation featuring a photo booth, free swag and more. Full details.

Planned in-person guests for the SEC Nation primetime show include comedian Nate Bargatze, SEC head coaches Josh Heupel (Tennessee) and Clark Lea (Vanderbilt), and SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey. Head coach Kirby Smart of two-time defending champion Georgia is also expected to join remotely.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

BrentVU wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:41 pm
Planned in-person guests for the SEC Nation primetime show include comedian Nate Bargatze, SEC head coaches Josh Heupel (Tennessee) and Clark Lea (Vanderbilt), and SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey. Head coach Kirby Smart of two-time defending champion Georgia is also expected to join remotely.[/i]
Versus75
Admiral

I love Nate Bargatze!

Post by Versus75 »

His comedy is clean, wholesome. He is a Vanderbilt fan from Nashville (uncle Ron was an assistant basketball coach in the 70’s). But he did not attend Vanderbilt.

“I’m from Tennessee and I went to college in Tennessee. I went to community college for one year and I do not have one credit to show for it, which is worse than not going.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk1ZGQc ... VnZQ%3D%3D
Locked Previous topicNext topic