Commitment (2024): Johann Cardenas, 4* 6-0 215 RB Houston-St. Thomas Catholic, TX

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Commitment (2024): Johann Cardenas, 4* 6-0 215 RB Houston-St. Thomas Catholic, TX

Post by BrentVU »

Chose Vandy over Missouri, but also reportedly had offers from Kentucky, Colorado, Oregon, Texas Tech, Georgia Tech, and many others... he had previously committed to Texas Tech back in January, but de-committed in April...

An ACL Injury abbreviated his junior season, but he nonetheless put up 1,041 rushing yards (9+ ypc) and 13 rushing touchdowns, with 330 receiving yards and 5 receiving TDs, all before his injury... his inspiring story is told in a feature story in this year's edition of Dave Campbell's Texas Football magazine...

He is the 20th commitment for 2024 and first RB... (Vandy remains in contention for Jason Patterson of Sneads, FL, who says he will announce on August 1)... now you gotta hang onto Cardenas until December; if he performs in his senior year the way he did in his junior year, some bigger names may come after him (and remember, he's already de-committed once)...

This is a big one, folks... grab some popcorn and watch this film, if you haven't already... what I notice is his acceleration...

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: Commitment (2024): Johann Cardenas, 4* 6-0 215 RB Houston-St. Thomas, TX

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Great news.

How did Missouri become one of our top competitors for talent this recruiting season?
Troubadore
Rear Admiral

Re: Commitment (2024): Johann Cardenas, 4* 6-0 215 RB Houston-St. Thomas Catholic, TX

Post by Troubadore »

This is big. Low center of gravity, acceleration, speed, vision. Welcome aboard JC!!
BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Commitment (2024): Johann Cardenas, 4* 6-0 215 RB Houston-St. Thomas Catholic, TX

Post by BrentVU »

The next big prospect to announce should be Dontae Carter, a 6-2, 170 WR/DB from Cibolo-Steele, TX; I hear he is announcing Saturday, July 8. He took an official visit to Vandy on the last camp weekend with his teammate Alvin Williamson, Jr., who later committed. He has a long list that includes Vandy, Texas Tech, Baylor, Kansas, Houston, Missouri, Washington State, Oregon State, Purdue, Nebraska, and a number of smaller schools.

I don't think Vandy's chances with him are all that high with all those suitors... and with the DB and WR commitments Vandy has taken so far, I'm not even sure the offer is still out there, but...

We'll see.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Wow! A 4-star!! THIS is what we need. Great get and hope a few more follow. He looks great with both size and speed. Hope we can keep him and get him to sign an LOI! @GAD
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

OMIGOSH! I SEE THAT VANDY'S LATEST COMMITMENT WAS RATED 4 STARS BY [ONE OF THE POPULAR RECRUITING SERVICES]!!! FOUR STARS!!! WOO-HOO!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON! COACH LEA DEFINITELY HAS THIS PROGRAM ON THE RIGHT TRACK!!! MAKING BOWL PLANS NOW!!!! SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, HERE WE COME!!! (happy dance) AD* AD* AD*

OMIGOSH! :eek: :eek: :eek: I JUST LOOKED AGAIN AND [ANOTHER POPULAR RECRUITING SERVICE] ONLY HAS VANDY'S LATEST COMMITMENT RATED AS THREE STARS!! :eek: :eek: :eek: WHAT THE... THIS MEANS VANDY IS NOT RECRUITING AN SEC CALIBER CLASS... OH, WOE IS ME... VANDY IS NEVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO CLIMB OUT OF THE SEC SECOND DIVISION!!! (SIGH) WE'LL NEVER MAKE A BOWL GAME... :( :( :(

AND I THINK MY LIFE NO LONGER HAS MEANING NOR PURPOSE.

Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

Brent, you have me ROTFLMAO!!!
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Yep! We are seeing a WHOLE NEW SIDE of Brent. We can hope this is ONLY THE BEGINNING.
Locked Previous topicNext topic