The Gaines

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Johnmn555
Rear Admiral

The Gaines

Post by Johnmn555 »

I went to see the courageous and articulate advocate for womens' sports Riley Gaines speak before a large think tank audience tonight. She mentioned her father Brad 8-10 times, with an especially funny antecdote about how he went on the warpath and threatened to take matters into his own hands when Riley found herself having to dress in front of Lia Thomas.

She will be a U.S. Senator, as she comes off as a complete natural, not a scheming student government type who's been angling to get into politics since 6th grade. With her dad and Uncle Chris, it's just too bad Vandy was not able to recruit her.

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Re: The Gaines

Post by Go Vandy! »

It would be nice if Vandy would honor families that have meant so much to the school. The Gaines, of course, Madduxs, Ingams (Martha does have the MG floor). I'm sure there are others.
Seadog73
Admiral

Re: The Gaines

Post by Seadog73 »

Thanks for posting this. As a one-time swimmer, I have followed Riley since the Lia Thomas "thing" erupted. And in spite of that, I had no idea she was Brad's daughter.
Locked Previous topicNext topic