Custom Basketball Jersey?

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

GoldOrDie
Seaman Recruit

Custom Basketball Jersey?

Post by GoldOrDie »

My son wanted a men's basketball jersey for a particular player for his birthday. It does not appear the official Vanderbilt store or places like Fanatics that sell the Nike versions allow any custom numbers or names (number 1 is the only option). I see that the women's basketball jerseys are offered with player names and numbers for NIL. Is there a place that sells the men's versions like this? If not, it seems like an easy miss for NIL opportunities especially for a place that is already going to be out spent NIL wise.

The only site I did find that offered names and numbers was pretty sketchy and did not even state the brand of the replica. Not going to mention it by name but easy enough to find.

Bird75
Ensign

Re: Custom Basketball Jersey?

Post by Bird75 »

GoldOrDie
Seaman Recruit

Re: Custom Basketball Jersey?

Post by GoldOrDie »

Bird75 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:26 am Is this what you’re looking for?

https://www.fanatics.com/college/vander ... -189693691
No. Just like the official store, Fanatics offers the women's basketball jerseys for specific players (ie #21 - LaChance) but all of the men's basketball jerseys do not have any options besides #1. Based on the name of the women's jersey options, it looked like there was NIL money associated with purchase for a particular athlete's name/number. I did not know if anyone knew if/where there was a similar concept for the men's team. Annoyed but not surprised that I have not been able to find something like this especially since many other schools offer NIL opportunities to their athletes. Just seems like a easy thing to offer especially in the NIL world where Vandy is almost always going to be out spent.
Versus75
Admiral

I can get an MLB jersey …

Post by Versus75 »

… with my favorite team, my own name and number of my choosing.

Therefore, they must be able to print a Vanderbilt jersey with the player name and number you choose.
Locked Previous topicNext topic