Interesting story: mid-major coaches scout P6 transfers from their own conferences, incl. Tasos Kamateros

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Interesting story: mid-major coaches scout P6 transfers from their own conferences, incl. Tasos Kamateros

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Nice blurb about Tasos Kamateros here:

Tasos Kamateros, transferring from South Dakota to Vanderbilt: “He’s interesting because I think he’s a 5. I think that’s where he’s most comfortable. He’s really good in the paint, he’s really good at the rim. He’s not a 6-foot-9, 240-pound post. He’s probably closer to 6-foot-7 or 6-foot-8. I had a kid in Filip Rebraca who went to Iowa. Filip (is) probably a little bigger, little more explosive athletically and Filip played more of the 5 and I thought did an awesome job this year at Iowa. Tasos is probably going to have to play in a similar situation. He’s more of an undersized skilled 5. He can stretch the floor and really shoot it. Defensively, though, and from a defensive standpoint, guarding the 4 and playing the 4, we’ll see. I’m sure that’s something he’s already working on. Really good player, skilled, good around the post finishing. He just really worked on stretching the floor and I thought the strength of the game was being a pick-and-pop 5 who can get into the post and get you with some jump hooks. I thought that’s what he was really good at. Last time I checked, the SEC has some pretty big strong, explosive athletes.” – Paul Sather, North Dakota head coach

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/m ... 212156662/