Nice Write-up on the Transfers

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Seadog73
Admiral

Nice Write-up on the Transfers

Post by Seadog73 »

Nashmann
Admiral

Re: Nice Write-up on the Transfers

Post by Nashmann »

Yes it IS behind a pay wall....
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

They changed it after I read it. I am not a subscriber and have noticed a change in their website over the weekend (besides this one going behind the wall). They used to identify what was "subscribers only" on the opening pages - not so much any more. I have tried to read a few things since last week that weren't identified as "subscribers only" but when the article opened, it was.

Sorry.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Seadog73 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:24 am They changed it after I read it. I am not a subscriber and have noticed a change in their website over the weekend (besides this one going behind the wall). They used to identify what was "subscribers only" on the opening pages - not so much any more. I have tried to read a few things since last week that weren't identified as "subscribers only" but when the article opened, it was.

Sorry.
Same with me, Seadog. I read it right after you posted it, but now I can't get to it.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Nashmann wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:49 am Yes it IS behind a pay wall....
Nashmann, I'm not sure I can adequately recap the article, but I'll try to give you the basics. Actually, it is one of the better articles Aria has written about the program. I think she consulted with someone on the staff or someone else more knowledgable before writing it. If so, good for her. Basketball and football are not her strong suit. She seems to know baseball better.

Anyway, she spoke of Oliver's ability to get to the basket and score in the paint (47% on 2-pointers) and compared her game to Jordyn Cambridge's game. Also, she noted Oliver could be a natural backup for Cambridge at point guard this year, then take over the position after Cambridge graduates. I think she is right on the money.

As for Pissott, she wrote of her three-point shooting and said she appears to be a natural stretch four. I don't disagree. I would add that a stretch four is basically a three playing on the other side of the floor, which makes them pretty much interchangeable, especially on offense. I think Pissott's position will greatly be determined by who she can guard against a particular team's personnel. She's not a banger but is long and seems like a worker.

Anyway, that's the heart of what she wrote.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Did it mention keeping everyone healthy? If we can, this could be a good-to-very-good season.
Locked Previous topicNext topic