Omaha

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Vandyfw
Petty Officer

Omaha

Post by Vandyfw »

Watching Stanford/Wake Forest…... It seems the big difference between those teams and the Dores is the bat. Simply put, they are better at the plate than Vandy. We may have been able to overcome our hitting issues with healthy pitching, but the injury bug prevented that from happening. The Dores were not far off this year. Hopefully, next year with a little better hitting, the Dores will be back in Omaha. It is dang hard to watch the World Series w/o Vandy.

nyyankeeDore
Captain

Re: Omaha

Post by nyyankeeDore »

Vandyfw wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:10 pm Watching Stanford/Wake Forest…... It seems the big difference between those teams and the Dores is the bat. Simply put, they are better at the plate than Vandy. We may have been able to overcome our hitting issues with healthy pitching, but the injury bug prevented that from happening. The Dores were not far off this year. Hopefully, next year with a little better hitting, the Dores will be back in Omaha. It is dang hard to watch the World Series w/o Vandy.
Some of life's unpleasantries, like this one, are easily avoided.
'23 '27 '28 '32 '36 '37 '38 '39 '41
'43 '47 '49 '50 '51 '52 '53 '56 '58
'61 '62 '77 '78' '96 '98 '99 '00 '09
VU#
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

Aria Gerson made the same point, namely that VU's biggest problem was the lack of success hitting the ball.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

I hope she followed that up with "which is pretty much the point of the game"... you know, for those of us who aren't in the know.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

I do think the Corbs model for success moved from offense to pitching defense. No longer are we seeing hitters like Alvarez coming to VU regularly while we do tend to still get the best pitchers. I am of the theory that we need both.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

I do think the Corbs model for success moved from offense to pitching defense. No longer are we seeing hitters like Alvarez coming to VU regularly while we do tend to still get the best pitchers. I am of the theory that we need both.
Locked Previous topicNext topic