Question? Why was Laneve pulled?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vutrain
Commander

Question? Why was Laneve pulled?

Post by vutrain »

After clearing the bases Troy was pulled in favor of Calvin. (who incidentally did quite well on his own in the 8th) I just did not understand why.

And BTY: We had a great week for us in Hoover. The weather held after Tues's rain and it was very comfortable. The staff at the Met as always did a fantastic job.

commadore
Admiral

Re: Question? Why was Laneve pulled?

Post by commadore »

Corbs has done that pretty much all season, with Polk, Troy, and whoever was in left. The stated reason was a defensive move and there is no doubt Hewitt is a better defensive player than the other two, but I also think he wants to make sure Calvin has playing time, is happy, and doesn't leave. We will need him in the outfield next year.
egbertsouse
Captain

Post by egbertsouse »

commadore wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:53 am Corbs has done that pretty much all season, with Polk, Troy, and whoever was in left. The stated reason was a defensive move and there is no doubt Hewitt is a better defensive player than the other two, but I also think he wants to make sure Calvin has playing time, is happy, and doesn't leave. We will need him in the outfield next year.
Corbin inserts Hewitt as a defensive replacement. It usually happens when we have a lead. It is very strange that Hewitt comes in as a PH. I agree it is likely to give Hewiit some AB's.
accent grave over the e
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

I thought Hewett would go in as a pinch runner after Laneve singled in the sixth inning. That didn’t happen and then Laneve had another AB in the seventh.

The box score shows that Hewett was a defensive replacement in the top of the eighth. The announcers don’t bother to tell you stuff like that; they are more concerned with kids fighting over foul balls.

https://dxbhsrqyrr690.cloudfront.net/si ... game17.pdf
Locked Previous topicNext topic