In a year in which the SEC is the best EVER in baseball, a chance to win the tourney

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

historybill
Admiral

In a year in which the SEC is the best EVER in baseball, a chance to win the tourney

Post by historybill »

I know that the big games start next week, but nevertheless.

I think I'm right about this.... in baseball, the SEC has NEVER had as many great teams as it does this year, right?

Versus75
Admiral

Re: In a year in which the SEC is the best EVER in baseball, a chance to win the tourney

Post by Versus75 »

Likely 4 National Seeds, perhaps 3 other regional hosts and 10 total NCAA teams seeded #1 or #2.

Yes. Best EVER in college baseball.

The Oakland (formerly KC) Athletics and Kansas City Royals should be relegated to the SEC.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Re: In a year in which the SEC is the best EVER in baseball, a chance to win the tourney

Post by dallasdore »

Versus75 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:26 am Likely 4 National Seeds, perhaps 3 other regional hosts and 10 total NCAA teams seeded #1 or #2.

Yes. Best EVER in college baseball.

The Oakland (formerly KC) Athletics and Kansas City Royals should be relegated to the SEC.
The A's lose enough games as is, please don't wish this upon them. :lol:
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Just go out and play good baseball and have fun - hopefully winning. We were focused, but loose yesterday. Hope we are again today.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

charlestonalum wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:24 am Just go out and play good baseball and have fun - hopefully winning. We were focused, but loose yesterday. Hope we are again today.
For whatever reason, FL looked tight yesterday -- in the field anyway. 3 errors, including the throw from the P to 3B in inning #1 which makes my list of "Top 10 Terrible Throws in College Baseball or Higher".
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

We did have fun and played well enough to win the whole thing. Great work by all.
Locked Previous topicNext topic