Hoover Tourney

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

geeznotagain
Admiral

Hoover Tourney

Post by geeznotagain »

With our top pitchers unlikely to participate, I don’t expect a stellar showing in Hoover this year. But I plan to attend the first game, just to support the team.

For those of you going (or interested), the weather for the tournament is expected to be cooler this year:

Tuesday high: low 70’s
Wednesday high: upper 70’s
Thursday thru Sunday highs: low 80’s
Small chance of precip on Tuesday, the rest of the week almost none.

There has unfortunately been even more construction in and around the Met (and on Highway 150) – both residential and commercial – since last year. So traffic should be 10-15% heavier than last year (depending of course on the time of day). Enjoy.

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Re: Hoover Tourney

Post by MrMemorial »

geeznotagain wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:14 pm With our top pitchers unlikely to participate, I don’t expect a stellar showing in Hoover this year. But I plan to attend the first game, just to support the team.

For those of you going (or interested), the weather for the tournament is expected to be cooler this year:

There has unfortunately been even more construction in and around the Met (and on Highway 150) – both residential and commercial – since last year. So traffic should be 10-15% heavier than last year (depending of course on the time of day). Enjoy.
Isn't it usually 150 degree with 2000% humidity at the SEC tourney? Every time I've been it was.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

I would still like to see the brackets flipped for Saturday. Have the team with one loss in the top bracket play the 2-0 team from the bottom bracket, etc.

In this manner a team won’t get knocked out in the semis by losing to the same team twice. Could be the best two teams are in the same bracket and should meet for the championship.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

geeznotagain wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:14 pm … weather for the tournament is expected to be cooler this year:

What do you consider a “small chance of precip”?

🌩️ ⛈️ 🌧️ ☔️
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

The weather station (and this was on Saturday, mind you) said 20% for today. Don't shoot the messenger.
Locked Previous topicNext topic