Xadavien Sims names Vandy in Top 5, will take official visit

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Xadavien Sims names Vandy in Top 5, will take official visit

Post by BrentVU »

I noted this in another thread, but this is big enough news it probably deserves its own thread...

Xadavien Sims, a 4-star DE/TE from Durant, Okla., who is rated by some the No.1 prospect in Oklahoma for 2024, named his Top Five schools Wednesday and says he will commit on May 20. His Top 5 are: Vanderbilt, Michigan State, TCU, Oklahoma, and Oregon. (Schools that DIDN'T make his Top 5: Texas A&M, Michigan, Miami, Georgia Tech, Arkansas...)

AND... he also announced Wednesday that he has booked an official visit to Vandy. Vandy will be able to make its best pitch.

Couldn't possibly pick Vandy out of those five, you say? Well, he trains with C4 Sports in the Texoma area, and Vandy has been recruiting the heck out of C4, and recently got a commitment from lightning-fast RB Caden Knighten of Wynnewood, OK for 2025. (But... Vandy also recruited DE Bai Jobe with C4 hard last year, and got an official visit from him, but lost out to Michigan State.)

vandy05
Vice Admiral

Re: Xadavien Sims names Vandy in Top 5, will take official visit

Post by vandy05 »

If we get another kid from the state of Oklahoma as the Sooners are making their entry into the conference that will really rankle them.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

I'm taking the inclusion of the captain's "C" on the Vandy jersey as a good sign.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Sims won the Oklahoma state championship Friday in the discus in 5A...

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

To announce Saturday at 3:45 PM CT:
Minoadoc
Rear Admiral

Post by Minoadoc »

committing to Vandy and not decommiting between now and freshman year would be surreal
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Despite what I posted earlier, I haven't seen any evidence that Xadavien Sims has made an official visit to Vanderbilt this week; his big announcement is scheduled for Saturday afternoon at 3:45 CT. I'm not too optimistic about it... I sense that Michigan State may have the inside track. (Would he still make an official visit after making a commitment to another school?)

Meanwhile, it's almost camp season, and a number of big-time prospects have indicated they're coming for official visits during those times. One of those is Cameron Keys, a 4-star DB from Panama City, FL. June is generally a big month for Vandy for commitments due to camps and having prospects on campus, and I expect it to be the same this year.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

BrentVU wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:30 am Despite what I posted earlier, I haven't seen any evidence that Xadavien Sims has made an official visit to Vanderbilt this week; his big announcement is scheduled for Saturday afternoon at 3:45 CT. I'm not too optimistic about it... I sense that Michigan State may have the inside track. (Would he still make an official visit after making a commitment to another school?)
OK, I think I have answered my own question. Sims says he is going to "commit" on Saturday at 3:45, but he is still going to take official visits afterward. :? So... no matter what he ends up deciding on Saturday... don't sweat it. It's probably not going to last. He could still be flipped. Any "commit" who takes official visits after making a commitment is not really a "commit." He's just milking the system.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Watch his commitment announcement here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3FNHPgduMY
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

It's Oregon for Xadavien Sims. But remember... with official visits still coming up, everything is still up for grabs.
Locked Previous topicNext topic