"They're pressing," Tim Corbin said afterward. "I can see it, you can see it."

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

"They're pressing," Tim Corbin said afterward. "I can see it, you can see it."

Post by charlestonalum »

Thus says our Coach, and he is right. Relax, have fun, and win! Easier said than done. They have to realize it is only a game and they are good at it.

Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Re: "They're pressing," Tim Corbin said afterward. "I can see it, you can see it."

Post by Dorewithaflare »

You will always press when you look our there and see who is on the mound to start the game. Everyone knows this guy can't get it done. Did you see the look on Vastine's face in the second inning?
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Re: "They're pressing," Tim Corbin said afterward. "I can see it, you can see it."

Post by Ndorefin »

Can you imagine how Reilly felt after watching his first baseman throw the ball into the outfield on a great pickoff attempt and the second baseman missing an easy double play grounder to end the first inning with no runs scored? Need to try someone new at second base and allow Austin to DH if we want his bat….his fielding is atrocious!
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Ndorefin wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:50 am Can you imagine how Reilly felt after watching his first baseman throw the ball into the outfield on a great pickoff attempt and the second baseman missing an easy double play grounder to end the first inning with no runs scored? Need to try someone new at second base and allow Austin to DH if we want his bat….his fielding is atrocious!
When was the last time Reilly pitched decent against good competition?

Hope he's a good student. He'll be turning pro in something other than baseball.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

MrMemorial wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:54 am
Ndorefin wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:50 am Can you imagine how Reilly felt after watching his first baseman throw the ball into the outfield on a great pickoff attempt and the second baseman missing an easy double play grounder to end the first inning with no runs scored? Need to try someone new at second base and allow Austin to DH if we want his bat….his fielding is atrocious!
When was the last time Reilly pitched decent against good competition?

Hope he's a good student. He'll be turning pro in something other than baseball.
That was cleverly done.
Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Post by Dorewithaflare »

Reilly has no idea were the ball is going when he turns it loose. He is just another one of those older guys that Corbin want to give them one more chance in hopes that something good can happen for them. Like Bulger
Locked Previous topicNext topic