Commitment (Class of 2025): Caden Knighten, 5-10 175 RB Wynnewood, OK

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Nashmann
Admiral

Re: Commitment (Class of 2025): Caden Knighten, 5-10 175 RB Wynnewood, OK

Post by Nashmann »

Wow....love this kid! Hope we can hold on to him.....great catch! Coaches really hitting the trail hard!
Last edited by Nashmann on Sun May 07, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
BILTMORE
Fleet Admiral

Post by BILTMORE »

I know you don't recruit 'em just to lose 'em, and I hope ( and believe) we will hang on. But as i've said before - having a high profile recruit in the fold for 2 years is valuable even if he ultimately leaves. It gets other recruits excited, creates interest among analysts, builds momentum etc. There were a few times during the CJF era where there would be tons of hype over a few recruits which would sustain over the whole cycle. When some of those players decomitted, the class was still seen as an exciting success.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

BrentVU wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:29 pm OK, here's what's really exciting... Knighten trains with an outfit called C4 Sports, which shepherded Knighten through Nashville (and UT and MTSU) last week. They are the same outfit which brought Bai Jobe to Nashville last spring (Vandy wanted him badly, but he ended up at Michigan State). But THIS YEAR on that same trip last week was Xadavien Sims, a 6-4 270 defensive lineman and tight end rated the best 2024 player in Oklahoma... and Sims seemed to like everything.

Sims just dropped his current Top Ten schools, and Vandy is right there among them.
Some GOOD news in recruiting... Vandy has made the Top 5 for Xadavien Sims, the top-rated player in Oklahoma! (Michigan State, TCU, Oklahoma, and Oregon) Vandy has been recruting these C4 Sports guys hard, and already landed one in Caden Knighten, so there's a chance. A decision coming May 20, so stay tuned.

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

BILTMORE wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:45 am I know you don't recruit 'em just to lose 'em, and I hope ( and believe) we will hang on. But as i've said before - having a high profile recruit in the fold for 2 years is valuable even if he ultimately leaves. It gets other recruits excited, creates interest among analysts, builds momentum etc. There were a few times during the CJF era where there would be tons of hype over a few recruits which would sustain over the whole cycle. When some of those players decomitted, the class was still seen as an exciting success.
Excellent point, Biltmore. I hadn't thought about that.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

dallasdore wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:47 pm
BILTMORE wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:45 am I know you don't recruit 'em just to lose 'em, and I hope ( and believe) we will hang on. But as i've said before - having a high profile recruit in the fold for 2 years is valuable even if he ultimately leaves. It gets other recruits excited, creates interest among analysts, builds momentum etc. There were a few times during the CJF era where there would be tons of hype over a few recruits which would sustain over the whole cycle. When some of those players decomitted, the class was still seen as an exciting success.
Excellent point, Biltmore. I hadn't thought about that.
Agreed. Very good point. Good pub to have him. Shows others that they should give us a good long look. Hopefully we add some wins this Fall to bolster that.

Side note, every time I see this thread at the top of the forum, I'm expecting it to say that he de-committed. I'm such a pessimist, but I know that OU is going to keep pushing hard to get him in the fold.
Locked Previous topicNext topic