Louisville

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

geeznotagain
Admiral

Re: Louisville

Post by geeznotagain »

Decent throw from catcher would have nailed him. Slow runner there.

Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Post by Vandy187187 »

PUT THE BUNT DOWN 1st and 2nd no outs
Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Post by Vandy187187 »

YEEEEES
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!
roanoke
Admiral

Post by roanoke »

Hewitt lays down a bunt - and it is booted.

Bases loaded, nobody out. Must take advantage.
Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Post by Vandy187187 »

about time. we made them make a mistake and then got a hit.
roanoke
Admiral

Post by roanoke »

I will say this: Louisville’s left fielder has an absolute cannon for an arm. Two incredible throws tonight.

Can’t stop here - need a couple more.

And nice 2 strike hitting, Enrique.
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

Yes!!! Finally some clutch hitting.

That throw from RF was fantastic - not quite in time.

Let’s go Dores!!! Sweep the leg!!!
roanoke
Admiral

Post by roanoke »

Long night.

Important win.

Well done.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Hell of a game. Big comeback. Great composure down the stretch.
EagleDore
Rear Admiral

Post by EagleDore »

Our guys persevered through a tough contest with a nice comeback. Even though they missed some chances earlier they came through with some good clutch hitting in the end. Always nice to win at Louisville...
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

Corbs pushed all the right buttons in the 12th, though I didn't understand pinch hitting Espinosa with 1 out. He's a high-risk, high-reward hitter who strikes out a lot. Why not a lefty against the right-handed pitcher, or Maldo the Younger, a much better contact hitter. That move mystified me a bit. Good news, though, it all worked out! Great win.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Levon wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:05 pm Corbs pushed all the right buttons in the 12th, though I didn't understand pinch hitting Espinosa with 1 out. He's a high-risk, high-reward hitter who strikes out a lot. Why not a lefty against the right-handed pitcher, or Maldo the Younger, a much better contact hitter. That move mystified me a bit. Good news, though, it all worked out! Great win.
I am wondering if there is something wrong with Maldo the Younger. Slight injury or something. Wasn't he 0-12 this past weekend? Maybe he just needs a day or two off.
After 6 innings I simply thought our guys were mailing in another game. Then they woke up.
Worried a little about Maldo the Elder too. He has been hit pretty hard lately...Tennessee, tonight, and one other game I can't remember off hand.

Let's go win a series vs florida.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

commadore wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:08 pm This team doesn't deserve to win.
9-9
Commadore, glad they let you down. This team deserves everthing it earns and then some.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

charlestonalum wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:38 pm
9-9
Commadore, glad they let you down. This team deserves everthing it earns and then some.
Read my last post. When I posted this, we were stinking up the field.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

commadore wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:30 pm
Levon wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:05 pm Corbs pushed all the right buttons in the 12th, though I didn't understand pinch hitting Espinosa with 1 out. He's a high-risk, high-reward hitter who strikes out a lot. Why not a lefty against the right-handed pitcher, or Maldo the Younger, a much better contact hitter. That move mystified me a bit. Good news, though, it all worked out! Great win.
I am wondering if there is something wrong with Maldo the Younger. Slight injury or something. Wasn't he 0-12 this past weekend? Maybe he just needs a day or two off.
After 6 innings I simply thought our guys were mailing in another game. Then they woke up.
Worried a little about Maldo the Elder too. He has been hit pretty hard lately...Tennessee, tonight, and one other game I can't remember off hand.

True, Maldo the Elder has been touched a couple times of late, but the the 2 hits tonight were both hit off good pitches, as was the 9th inning game tying HR at Tenn. Sometimes good hitters hit good pitches. I'm not worried about him.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Levon wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:41 pm

True, Maldo the Elder has been touched a couple times of late, but the the 2 hits tonight were both hit off good pitches, as was the 9th inning game tying HR at Tenn. Sometimes good hitters hit good pitches. I'm not worried about him.
True, but I was always taught that once was a fluke, two was an accident, and three something was up. Still, happy for the win. Tired too! :lol:
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

commadore wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:40 pm
9-9
Commadore, glad they let you down. This team deserves everything it earns and then some.
We deserve to win because we have a great coach and gifted players who have to go to school etc. Even when they "stink" they deserve to win cause they do it the right way. Next time hold your criticism, because they do derserve to win. It is our best athletic program and we should be proud of them - win or lose. They won and they deserved to win.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

charlestonalum wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:52 pm
commadore wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:40 pm

Commadore, glad they let you down. This team deserves everything it earns and then some.
We deserve to win because we have a great coach and gifted players who have to go to school etc. Even when they "stink" they deserve to win cause they do it the right way. Next time hold your criticism, because they do derserve to win. It is our best athletic program and we should be proud of them - win or lose. They won and they deserved to win.
Agree to disagree. There are games where we don't deserve a win (11-2 v ut). There are games where we stink it up for most of the game, but turn it around late and win (tonight). As for holding my criticism, when I see crap I will call it crap. That is what I saw early on.
This is, the last time I checked, a board where fans can post opinions, rants, cheers, and whatever comes to mind. Right now I really want to tell one particular poster to kiss me where the sun doesn't shine, but because we won I am in a good mood and will hold it for another day. AD*
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

Levon wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:41 pm

His slider is absolutely unbelievable. But any pitch is at least somewhat hittable if you know it is coming. He’s going to need to throw the fastball and cutter a bit more so they can’t just sit slider.
Locked Previous topicNext topic