The Road has risen up to bite us…..

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

DS2001
Rear Admiral

The Road has risen up to bite us…..

Post by DS2001 »

We just don’t seem to hit as well in road games. We were 1-10 today with runners in scoring position. Not going to get any easier next weekend at Florida. The pessimist in me says our pitching will keep it close, but Florida seems to be playing well right now having won 6 in a row. I think we’ll be lucky to get one against the Gators because our hitting has gone south.

Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Re: The Road has risen up to bite us…..

Post by Dorewithaflare »

Always bring Schultz in,he will end it for you
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

totally agree this is going to be a rough series. But for some reason, we’ve been playing better against better teams. So I’m hoping we will rise to the challenge.

Looked bad against a (at that time) 5-10 UT and a subpar Bama. Played better against a top RPI UK in between. Strange.

Also it was 1-14 today. Brutal!!
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

DS2001 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:28 pm We just don’t seem to hit as well in road games. We were 1-10 today with runners in scoring position. Not going to get any easier next weekend at Florida. The pessimist in me says our pitching will keep it close, but Florida seems to be playing well right now having won 6 in a row. I think we’ll be lucky to get one against the Gators because our hitting has gone south.
1-14
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

commadore wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:56 pm
DS2001 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:28 pm We just don’t seem to hit as well in road games. We were 1-10 today with runners in scoring position. Not going to get any easier next weekend at Florida. The pessimist in me says our pitching will keep it close, but Florida seems to be playing well right now having won 6 in a row. I think we’ll be lucky to get one against the Gators because our hitting has gone south.
1-14
Florida got globbered by A&M Saturday.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

It's not us. It's everybody in the SEC. There are so many top programs in this conference, with tough venues to play in, that it has become near impossible to win on the road. Look at the results all season long, for all teams. LSU can struggle against a middling team at their place, while middling team can turn around and play at the bottom of the league opponent and get drilled. It's been this way week in and out all year. I literally just assume every home team will win every series no matter who the opponent, while every road team will lose the series no matter who, and will get swept if the opponent is a top team.
DivergentDore
Commander

Post by DivergentDore »

dallasdore wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:29 pm It's not us. It's everybody in the SEC. There are so many top programs in this conference, with tough venues to play in, that it has become near impossible to win on the road. Look at the results all season long, for all teams. LSU can struggle against a middling team at their place, while middling team can turn around and play at the bottom of the league opponent and get drilled. It's been this way week in and out all year. I literally just assume every home team will win every series no matter who the opponent, while every road team will lose the series no matter who, and will get swept if the opponent is a top team.
Been lots of talk lately on how so many good pitchers suddenly forget how to pitch and good batters likewise don't know the strike zone when on the road in the SEC. Lots of talking heads want to see TrackMan data for the conference but the mafia (oops, meant SEC league office) keeps it under lock and key.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

I'd take 3-3 in our final 6 SEC games.
Locked Previous topicNext topic