Let's see now

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Let's see now

Post by Dorewithaflare »

Lawerance LOVED the coaches,Wright was so close to Stack,Q Brown was coming back (wrong),Coach loses his top asst. coach.BIg Enworth kid goes to Belmont. OH yes, things are great.

Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Re: Let's see now

Post by Foreverhopeful »

Here's my take. I'm as disappointed and confused as everyone else, but next fall there will be players on the floor and a coaching staff on the sidelines. I will be in my seats cheering on whoever plays for Vanderbilt and leads our team.
underdog74
Vice Admiral

Post by underdog74 »

Its not just a Vandy thing. The portal and NIL make it a real challenge for me to get behind college athletics anymore. It just feels kinda icky. There is no loyalty and commitment in big time college sports.
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Can't blame the coach for that - that's the #1 challenge for administration. I might throw a few dollars into the collective at some point...
volemtine
Chief

Post by volemtine »

underdog74 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:24 am Its not just a Vandy thing. The portal and NIL make it a real challenge for me to get behind college athletics anymore. It just feels kinda icky. There is no loyalty and commitment in big time college sports.
I would like to track any NIL deals that the transfers received if any. This will confirm suspicions that the players are chasing the $$$.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

Portal is really exhausting my love of college basketball!!!
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

Portal is really exhausting my love of college basketball!!!
Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Post by Vandysmith »

cjdore wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:54 am Portal is really exhausting my love of college basketball!!!
Amen!!!
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

underdog74 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:24 am Its not just a Vandy thing. The portal and NIL make it a real challenge for me to get behind college athletics anymore. It just feels kinda icky. There is no loyalty and commitment in big time college sports.
I’m an optimist but I’m not looking forward to the future of college athletics. I have always believed that college basketball is the purest basketball being played. Fast forward a few years, and it’s going to be like nba free agency. Maybe it comes in waves like the super teams. Currently some of the best nba teams are built through the draft instead of free agency.
Locked Previous topicNext topic