Transfer Portal and NILs

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vandy86
Captain

Transfer Portal and NILs

Post by vandy86 »

I posted this on the football board and no response. Thought I'd try it here.
Is there any place we can go and see how much NIL funds are going to the different athletes at Vanderbilt and other schools?
I noticed on one of the transfer portal sites that they had a NIL amount listed for some of the players. Did this mean that any new school would have to beat this amount if they hoped to sign this particular player? Thanks

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: Transfer Portal and NILs

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

vandy86 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:03 pm I posted this on the football board and no response. Thought I'd try it here.
Is there any place we can go and see how much NIL funds are going to the different athletes at Vanderbilt and other schools?
I noticed on one of the transfer portal sites that they had a NIL amount listed for some of the players. Did this mean that any new school would have to beat this amount if they hoped to sign this particular player? Thanks
To be frank, it's a black box. In theory, the school knows the compensation for a player, but you won't see the figures for any athlete confirmed anywhere. Lots of speculation and innuendo, though.

The various NIL valuations you see out there are estimates based upon known factors such as the number of social media followers, rather than actual NIL deals. Here's a good breakdown of one of them: https://www.on3.com/nil/news/about-on3- ... ost-value/.
Vandy5
Ensign

Re: Transfer Portal and NILs

Post by Vandy5 »

If want to play…Have to pay
Locked Previous topicNext topic