Stadium Capacity during construction

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

HAILMURY
Petty Officer

Stadium Capacity during construction

Post by HAILMURY »

I had season tickets in the end zone that is presently being demolished. I relocated to Section F. This got me wondering about the actual stadium capacity during the construction phase. I'm guessing 26,000-28,000 seats. I haven't seen that number listed but VU is going to be a tough ticket when our SEC brothers come to town.

Has anyone seen an actual number?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Stadium Capacity during construction

Post by admin »

I think your estimate is about right. I haven't heard anything official, though.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
GoheenFan88
Vice Admiral

Post by GoheenFan88 »

I foresee many sell out games this season
DS2001
Rear Admiral

Post by DS2001 »

I would guess that when both end zone buildings are completed, our capacity will be somewhere around 35,000.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

Hopefully, they will plan to replace stadium benches with individual seats. I would think if they do this throughout we may see a seating capacity of around 36K to 38K when all is done.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

I don't know what capacity will be during construction but I relocated to Section A and very grateful to Vanderbilt for letting me move there for the same price as my South End Zone seat (for 2023 only).

I'll say this: looking at the interactive seat availability chart, there are some great seats available (for season tickets only right now; single-game tickets will go on sale later) and given the limited number that will be available during construction, I'd buy tickets ASAP if I didn't already have one.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
DS2001
Rear Admiral

Post by DS2001 »

I don’t think VU Will ever replace all bleachers with chairback seats. You get into all of the ADA compliance issues if you do that.
More likely is to put back rests on the bleachers in other parts of the stadium besides C,D, and E where they are now….AND, charge you a Premium for those backrest seats.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

DS2001 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:21 pm I don’t think VU Will ever replace all bleachers with chairback seats. You get into all of the ADA compliance issues if you do that.
More likely is to put back rests on the bleachers in other parts of the stadium besides C,D, and E where they are now….AND, charge you a Premium for those backrest seats.
Wake Forrest did it without problems with ADA
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

cjdore wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:21 am
DS2001 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:21 pm I don’t think VU Will ever replace all bleachers with chairback seats. You get into all of the ADA compliance issues if you do that.
Wake Forrest did it without problems with ADA
They most likely had more room between rows than we do. It has been said on here for years that it isn't feasible.
Locked Previous topicNext topic