Move Maldonado up

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Move Maldonado up

Post by Dorewithaflare »

With two of our three or four good staff out we need to move him up for a while. Three is no reason to SAVE one of the best we have if we are down 9-2 each game.

Versus75
Admiral

Re: Move Maldonado up

Post by Versus75 »

I thought you were posting about CHRIS Maldonado and was going to agree with you. In my opinion, which is of course trumped by that of Coach Corbin, Maldo (.356) should be batting cleanup rather than Bulger (.230). They both went 1-4 yesterday, so that wouldn't change anything. I guess we will see soon enough if Bulger's foul ball off his leg affects today's lineup.

As to Nick Maldonado, are you suggesting he START one of the remaining games against South Carolina or that he be called on earlier in the game (say, instead of Hliboki yesterday) in RELIEF?
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Nick is a relief guy. He’s where he needs to be. And I think Corbs might know more about baseball than the rest of the board combined. Certainly more about how to manage his team.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

I am still not sure who you want moved up. Maybe move Maldonado to fourth makes sense, but Corbs may not want too put that much pressure on a freshman. As for Maldo no no, he is the preeminent closer in the SEC. Leave him where he is.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

I was thinking this exact thing about Chris. I would move him to 3 and Shreck to 4th and Bulger to 5th or 6th.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

cjdore wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:25 am I was thinking this exact thing about Chris. I would move him to 3 and Shreck to 4th and Bulger to 5th or 6th.
Can you imagie how well he'd hit with Schreck protecting him? He'd get a lot better pitches.
Locked Previous topicNext topic