Weather-related scores

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Versus75
Admiral

Weather-related scores

Post by Versus75 »

Wake Forest playing a TRIPLE HEADER today versus NC State. The first game started around noon EDT. The second and third games are slated for 3pm and 4pm EDT, respectively, according to D1Baseball. Must be 3-inning games.

UK playing two games today at Georgia.

South Carolina at home split two games with LSU. Saturday's game was rained out and it will not be made up.

https://gamecocksonline.com/news/2023/0 ... e-to-rain/

Vandyfw
Petty Officer

Re: Weather-related scores

Post by Vandyfw »

I wonder why game 3 of LSU/South Carolina is not being played today. It seems most other series are being completed one way or another. I get it that it is Easter, but several games are going on today. Does anyone know why game 3 was just canceled?
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Vandyfw wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:28 pm I wonder why game 3 of LSU/South Carolina is not being played today. It seems most other series are being completed one way or another. I get it that it is Easter, but several games are going on today. Does anyone know why game 3 was just canceled?
SEC rules state that any series that begins on Thursday must end by Saturday and can't be finished on Sunday. (The same rule exists for series that begin Friday--they must end by Sunday.)
Vandyfw
Petty Officer

Post by Vandyfw »

Got it. Thank you very much.
Locked Previous topicNext topic