A couple more names for the recruiting radar

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

A couple more names for the recruiting radar

Post by BrentVU »

1. Jaelen Smith is a 6-2, 190 QB/WR from Houston-Klein Cain, Texas (with very good academics). Last week I saw that some of our coaches had been by his school, and whattya know, Vandy makes his Top Three (announced today) along with Minnesota and Michigan State. (Which of these is not like the other?) He also plays quarterback and gets plenty of rushing carries, and averaged 133 all-purpose yards per game. Where would they play him? He's got blazing speed, ankle-breaking moves, and reminds me a bit of (should I say it?) Mike Wright. My assessment: he's a long shot, but Vandy has evidently made it clear that he's wanted.

Film: https://www.hudl.com/profile/13362646/Jaelen-Smith

[tweet][/tweet]

2. Jeremiah Collins, a DB from Murfreesboro-Oakland, has also listed Vandy among his final four (with Louisville, Virginia Tech, and MTSU), with an announcement supposedly coming soon. (His Final Four does NOT include Kentucky, Mississippi State, Illinois, Purdue, and West Virginia, all of whom have offered.) I didn't realize he was on Vandy's radar, and I'm still not sure he's a perfect fit for Vandy, but there it is. My guess is that he's a guy who might be a late fill-in if some other things fall through. He plays both safety and corner, and is an explosive returner.

Film: https://www.hudl.com/profile/13362646/Jaelen-Smith

[tweet][/tweet]

NOTE: They simply don't have room for EVERYONE left on the board that I've mentioned recently, but that's a good problem to have.

Nashmann
Admiral

Re: A couple more names for the recruiting radar

Post by Nashmann »

What we could use are a few grad-transfers to bolster experience until young ones mature!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
Minoadoc
Rear Admiral

Re: A couple more names for the recruiting radar

Post by Minoadoc »

i know the above players are HS recruits. But i wish CCL would gather some transfer portal players. the beauty of being on the receiving end of the transfer portal is that the player has supposed up his one do not sit out one year card. This promotes stability and more physically and mentally mature young men. I hope CCL is able to exploit this area. Pretty much includes grad transfers, only they are here for one year only
Locked Previous topicNext topic