Anyone see the great show of sportsmanship by the viles?

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Anyone see the great show of sportsmanship by the viles?

Post by commadore »

Up 59-24 with less than 30 seconds left and ut on the 1, tennessee calles time and then runs it in for 66-24 win.
Hard not to hope they have an injury on EVERY PLAY.
Have I ever told yall I HATE TENNESSEE!

vutrain
Commander

Re: Anyone see the great show of spotsman ship by the viles?

Post by vutrain »

One day, the Tennessee River will rise and envelop the ut campus including Neland and Thompson. I plan to rush up there and spit in the river to raise the water level.

Oh, did I say I hate ut more than you? :lol:
Vandy_Law07
Lieutenant

Post by Vandy_Law07 »

Not a great look- but at least somewhat a product of the system. Who knows what strange formulas the playoff committee will apply, etc.
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

Georgia could have blown out UT last week. Georgia dominated that game and could have won by more than 14. Kirby Smart mainly ran the ball in the second half to keep the clock moving and didn’t try any chunk-type plays.

But the next week Huippel is classless and runs the score up on Missouri.

Shameful.
zhanglini
Commander

Post by zhanglini »

30 seconds still left in the game, but their game with the Devil, to see who is more evil, is perpetual.
And they are winning.
@AD
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

I hate UT as much as anyone as everyone who visits my home knows orange isn't allowed in the house unless it is a pumpkin around Halloween. Someone attempted to give me a UT umbrella for Christmas last year and it was never touched as I kind of threw up inside my mouth looking at it and just walked away leaving it on the floor.

That having been said, I think Vandy_Law has it right that they are in a position right now where 66-24 to 59-24 may make a difference in some polls and ultimately landing them in the playoffs. I mean, they only have to beat USC and Vandy as there will be no SEC-C game for them to take on LSU so they have to make their case without a showcase game remaining.

My question is assuming a Georgia win in the SEC-C game and TCU making it in over UT, does that mean UT or LSU would go to the Sugar Bowl?
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

cc11316 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:40 am My question is assuming a Georgia win in the SEC-C game and TCU making it in over UT, does that mean UT or LSU would go to the Sugar Bowl?
I believe that since it is a New Year's Six bowl, the berth goes to the next highest ranked SEC team not making the playoff.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

cc11316 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:40 am I hate UT as much as anyone as everyone who visits my home knows orange isn't allowed in the house unless it is a pumpkin around Halloween. Someone attempted to give me a UT umbrella for Christmas last year and it was never touched as I kind of threw up inside my mouth looking at it and just walked away leaving it on the floor.

That having been said, I think Vandy_Law has it right that they are in a position right now where 66-24 to 59-24 may make a difference in some polls and ultimately landing them in the playoffs. I mean, they only have to beat USC and Vandy as there will be no SEC-C game for them to take on LSU so they have to make their case without a showcase game remaining.

My question is assuming a Georgia win in the SEC-C game and TCU making it in over UT, does that mean UT or LSU would go to the Sugar Bowl?
I don't even allow pumpkins. :lol:
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

cc11316 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:40 am That having been said, I think Vandy_Law has it right that they are in a position right now where 66-24 to 59-24 may make a difference in some polls and ultimately landing them in the playoffs.
I can not imagine any selection committee voter would say, “Geez, UT only beat Missouri 59-24 instead of 66-24 so I’m not going to vote for UT in the playoffs.”

Had they struggled against Missouri and beaten them only by 10 or 14 points, they would consider that. But 59-24 or 66-24 isn’t going to make a difference.
Vandy_Law07
Lieutenant

Post by Vandy_Law07 »

Golddore68 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:56 pm
cc11316 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:40 am That having been said, I think Vandy_Law has it right that they are in a position right now where 66-24 to 59-24 may make a difference in some polls and ultimately landing them in the playoffs.
I can not imagine any selection committee voter would say, “Geez, UT only beat Missouri 59-24 instead of 66-24 so I’m not going to vote for UT in the playoffs.”

Had they struggled against Missouri and beaten them only by 10 or 14 points, they would consider that. But 59-24 or 66-24 isn’t going to make a difference.
Do we know everything the Committee looks at though (honestly no clue)? For all we know "average margin of victory in Conference Home Games" or something is the 11th tie-breaker between 4th and 5th?
bornadore57
Lieutenant

Re: Anyone see the great show of sportsmanship by the viles?

Post by bornadore57 »

If you're going to throw in the towel in relation to sportsmanship, why not go for two? Wouldn't 67 to 24 be more impressive? Where do you draw the line?

I think taking a knee and ending the game at 59-24 is better for our world, but what do I know. By the way, I would say this of any team, even though, my second favorite team each week is whoever is playing Ut.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Anyone see the great show of sportsmanship by the viles?

Post by BrentVU »

If you want to pay to read homer columnist John Adams' defense of this in today's Tennessean (or Knoxville News-Sentinel), you can!
Locked Previous topicNext topic