Stupid replay officials

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Golddore68
Admiral

Stupid replay officials

Post by Golddore68 »

I was flipping back and forth between the Vanderbilt game and the UT game yesterday.

There were two plays the replay officials were involved in that really irritated me.

During the Vanderbilt game, Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett completed an amazing pass at the sidelines to a receiver on a third down. Give him credit, it was perfectly thrown. The Vanderbilt defender had the receiver covered very well. Bennett threw it exactly where only the receiver could get it.

It was clear watching it on TV that the receiver legitimately caught it without bobbling it and he had both feet inbounds before the Vanderbilt defender shoved him out of bounds.

But the replay officials took 10-15 minutes to keep watching it over and over again before they decided it was a good catch.

In the UT game a UT defender hit Alabama quarterback Bryce Young with his head right at Bryce’s head after he’d already thrown a pass and Bryce’s head flopped back and it looked awful. The replay officials took 10-15 minutes to decide it wasn’t targeting. If that’s not targeting then I don’t know what is. The UT defender led with his head and hit a defenseless player in his head. Even the CBS TV announcers were stunned it wasn’t targeting. That UT defender should have been ejected. As it turns out he had several other key plays later to help UT win.

Whoever these replay officials are are not very smart.

UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Re: Stupid replay officials

Post by UltimateVUFan »

I saw the same hit in the UT game and immediately said it was targeting. I don’t know how they justified a no-call on that helmet-to-helmet hit.
Locked Previous topicNext topic