Reading WAYY too into it - Dylan Disu back in Nashville

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VandyBias
Ensign

Reading WAYY too into it - Dylan Disu back in Nashville

Post by VandyBias »

Not in the portal (yet) but our old friend Dylan Disu recently posted an Instagram story at the legendary San Antonio Taco Co. on 21st Ave S. Do we need a guard in the portal? Yes. Would I be ecstatic if a guy like Disu came back? Also yes. Am I reading way too into social media? Probably.

Jason94
Admiral

Re: Reading WAYY too into it - Dylan Disu back in Nashville

Post by Jason94 »

VandyBias wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:44 pm Not in the portal (yet) but our old friend Dylan Disu recently posted an Instagram story at the legendary San Antonio Taco Co. on 21st Ave S. Do we need a guard in the portal? Yes. Would I be ecstatic if a guy like Disu came back? Also yes. Am I reading way too into social media? Probably.
Would a player like him not have to sit out a season if he were to transfer again? If so I'd guess he was just visiting the city/former classmates. Also, if he hasn't entered the portal, we would essentially be tampering wouldn't we? Though given what went down it wouldn't bother me so much.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Austin has plentiful, delicious Tex Mex. This seems like a long way to go to get queso and a bucket of beers.

Therefore, I can only reasonably conclude that Disu is indeed returning to Vanderbilt University.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

HA! I would be incredibly surprised, to say the least. And I see no conceivable possibility of an immediate eligibility waiver should he return. Also, I’d be hesitant even if he desired to return because of how he left in the first place. Team chemistry is essential, and as a player in the team his return probably wouldn’t excite me. They needs guards anyway. Give any additional frontcourt PT to the younger guys.
VUinFL
Commander

Post by VUinFL »

did 4 days in Nashville a couple of weeks ago and we hit SATCO twice...nothing better
underdog74
Vice Admiral

Post by underdog74 »

He must be back in town to find an apt, etc. LOL
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

UltimateVUFan wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:26 pm HA! I would be incredibly surprised, to say the least. And I see no conceivable possibility of an immediate eligibility waiver should he return. Also, I’d be hesitant even if he desired to return because of how he left in the first place. Team chemistry is essential, and as a player in the team his return probably wouldn’t excite me. They needs guards anyway. Give any additional frontcourt PT to the younger guys.
Ultimate, wanted to "like" your post twice, but system won't allow.
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

VUinFL wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:37 am did 4 days in Nashville a couple of weeks ago and we hit SATCO twice...nothing better
You know, believe it or not ... 4 years at Vandy ... ZERO visits to SATCO for me. And I LOVE tacos. My family jokes that all they need to do to make me want a taco is to say the word 'taco'.

The outdoor seating just always seemed so crowded and loud. I always sort of suspected that I just don't drink enough alcohol to go there...
ScottGVU
Captain

Post by ScottGVU »

Jason94 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:32 pm
VandyBias wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:44 pm Not in the portal (yet) but our old friend Dylan Disu recently posted an Instagram story at the legendary San Antonio Taco Co. on 21st Ave S. Do we need a guard in the portal? Yes. Would I be ecstatic if a guy like Disu came back? Also yes. Am I reading way too into social media? Probably.
Would a player like him not have to sit out a season if he were to transfer again? If so I'd guess he was just visiting the city/former classmates. Also, if he hasn't entered the portal, we would essentially be tampering wouldn't we? Though given what went down it wouldn't bother me so much.
Tyler Harris played his first two years at Memphis...transfer portal to Iowa State for his Junior year...transfer portal back to Memphis for his Senior year. It's the wild west now.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

ScottGVU wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:24 pm
Tyler Harris played his first two years at Memphis...transfer portal to Iowa State for his Junior year...transfer portal back to Memphis for his Senior year. It's the wild west now.
There are others who did that. Jason Carter (Ohio --> Xavier --> Ohio)

I noticed the EJ Anosike guy who transferred from Holy Cross to uut (sat the bench) and then transferred to Cal State Fullerton broke out big there. Played in the Reese's D-1 all-star game on national TV. Good for him.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

mathguy wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:33 pm
VUinFL wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:37 am did 4 days in Nashville a couple of weeks ago and we hit SATCO twice...nothing better
You know, believe it or not ... 4 years at Vandy ... ZERO visits to SATCO for me. And I LOVE tacos. My family jokes that all they need to do to make me want a taco is to say the word 'taco'.

The outdoor seating just always seemed so crowded and loud. I always sort of suspected that I just don't drink enough alcohol to go there...
Nashville native with two VU degrees, here. SATCO is overrated. Many of my undergrad buddies would concur.
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

our own former PG Peyton Willis did that with Minnesota - Charleston - Minnesota
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

Also, SATCO is a state of mind!
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

I guess that I understand that there have been some wild transfers recently, but I am not sure that this is because it is now completely allowed to transfer in an unlimited and immediate way, or if this was due to the pandemic and things will not be quite as free for all. Just because it has already happened doesn't guarantee that it will continue to happen.
VUrower28
Captain

Post by VUrower28 »

[/quote]
Nashville native with two VU degrees, here. SATCO is overrated. Many of my undergrad buddies would concur.
[/quote]

Absolutely disagree. Satco tortillas can’t be beat.
Boris
Chief

Post by Boris »

ScottGVU wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:24 pm
Tyler Harris just entered the portal again a few days ago, this time as a grad transfer.
LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Post by LawoftheWest »

Disu not coming back. The Austin newspaper quotes Beard as being high on Disu.

He was held back this past season to be cautious following knee surgery. Texas coaches think highly of Disu. He grew up in an Austin suburb and always wanted to go to Univ. of Texas.
Locked Previous topicNext topic