Jordyn Confirms She'll Return; Brinae Not

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Jordyn Confirms She'll Return; Brinae Not

Post by MikeADore »

A good story in this morning's Tennessean about Jordyn and Brinae's friendship and their journey at Vandy. Some of that is very telling. Here's the paragraph about returning:

"Cambridge was recently accepted into a master’s program at Vanderbilt and said her plan is to return next season. But Alexander, who has two years of eligibility after getting a medical redshirt for the 2019-20 season, plans to explore her opportunities to play basketball and get a master’s degree anywhere of her choosing as a graduate transfer."

I know Brinae is a psychology major. I'm not sure if there is a graduate program that suits her needs at Vandy, and even if there is, I believe the school's grad programs are very difficult to get into.

I became pretty much convinced she would not be coming back when I discovered the staff is in contact with Avery Strickland, the Knoxville Farragut senior who recently got a release from her commitment to West Virginia. Strickland is 6'0 tall, runs the floor very well and shoots the three better than most. Sounds a lot like Brinae, though a bit bigger and, I believe, a bit faster.

Link to full story. Not sure if it's behind pay wall but it doesn't say so. Well worth reading.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports ... 943482001/

VandyWhit
Site Admin

Re: Jordyn Confirms She'll Return; Brinae Not

Post by VandyWhit »

Actually, as I read it, it doesn't explicitly say that Brinae won't return although it certainly sounds likely that she won't.

Excellent article, with a great retrospective of the past several years of Vandy WBB, as well as the history of the two players' years together
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Re: Jordyn Confirms She'll Return; Brinae Not

Post by Ndorefin »

Brinae could always stay and get her Masters in Psychology paid for. If she has 2 more years of eligibility, I doubt her playing days are over….I just hope she doesn’t transfer to another SEC school!
Locked Previous topicNext topic