Mizzu thread

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

roanoke
Admiral

Re: Mizzu thread

Post by roanoke »

Hanging in. Tough game.

Lots of contact all night.

roanoke
Admiral

Post by roanoke »

Wright has a double double.

SPJ has 17.

Stute making some big plays. We are going to need to hit foul shots down the stretch.
roanoke
Admiral

Post by roanoke »

SPJ two huge steals down the stretch.
roanoke
Admiral

Post by roanoke »

QMB gets his double double.

2 double doubles in one game. When was the last time we did that?

We have rebounded very well tonight. Really good effort there.
roanoke
Admiral

Post by roanoke »

All five starters in double figures.

Good win.

Announcers answer my question: last time we recorded 2 double doubles in one game - it was Aaron Nesmith and Yanni Wetzell. Good night all.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

And Robbins blocked 4 shots in limited action.

So... where are the "he'll never make a lick of difference" basketball "experts" tonight?

Are they all over on the rivals forum whining about Sarah Fuller? LOL!!!
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Good team play...a little shake here & there. QMB is bringing it on!!! Robbins is still a little rusty on offense but he got his first VU points and 4 blocked shots. Plus he stopped some drives just by his presence!! Pippen is still a little out of control on offense but got 17. His steals and offense down the stretch big time!! Wright had a decent game. Chatman was pretty steady. Kudos to the team & coaches on the win!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

It’s funny how some posters literally do nothing but gripe the entire game and don’t say one positive thing at all, despite the eventual win. Would be nice if they would give credit (particularly to SPJ, whom they rode all game, and whose D down the stretch pretty much secured the game - but hey, that would be counter to your general outlook, I suppose).
Great win!
vandybl
Commander

Post by vandybl »

Kudos to Miles Stute. With the score VU 60 - Missouri 58, Scotty misses a very contested layup and Stute muscles up among the bigger guys to grab the rebound. Gets fouled, makes two free throws and the score goes to 62-58. Play of the game in my opinion. The boys look like they are having more fun and playing with confidence. A great win. Missouri may have a not-so-good record but they are tough to play. Go Vandy!
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

the phase of his game that junior deserves special credit for is his much improved defense…and it has helped his team greatly (obviously).
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

MrMemorial wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:22 pm And Robbins blocked 4 shots in limited action.

So... where are the "he'll never make a lick of difference" basketball "experts" tonight?

I don't recall many (any?) opining that Robbins wouldn't make a difference -- unless he didn't play. Fuller's future impact? Probably limited. She's had her brush with fame. Is that what they are saying on the other board? Honestly never been over there.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Just watched replay (too late for this old man to watch in real time) and my overall take on the game is our defense and rebounding won the game with effort and tenacious play. The offensive sets got lots of praise by announcers, but we missed a bunch of shots. Foul shooting also was barely good enough to win, but Q was better there. In summary we did just enough to win a game when offense was off and crowd not particularly loud. We won a game we had to have so great outcome. Next games are all very difficult and we will have to play better - we can.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

UltimateVUFan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:49 pm It’s funny how some posters literally do nothing but gripe the entire game and don’t say one positive thing at all, despite the eventual win. Would be nice if they would give credit (particularly to SPJ, whom they rode all game, and whose D down the stretch pretty much secured the game - but hey, that would be counter to your general outlook, I suppose).
Great win!
Well if somebody didn't throw the ball away three or four times in a row on really stupid passes some of us might not gripe about it. Funny how the polyannas want us to praise and uplift the team even amidst five minute scoring drought. Not my style.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

geeznotagain wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:27 pm
MrMemorial wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:22 pm And Robbins blocked 4 shots in limited action.

I don't recall many (any?) opining that Robbins wouldn't make a difference -- unless he didn't play. Fuller's future impact? Probably limited. She's had her brush with fame. Is that what they are saying on the other board? Honestly never been over there.
You must not have been paying close attention.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

commadore wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:53 am
UltimateVUFan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:49 pm It’s funny how some posters literally do nothing but gripe the entire game and don’t say one positive thing at all, despite the eventual win. Would be nice if they would give credit (particularly to SPJ, whom they rode all game, and whose D down the stretch pretty much secured the game - but hey, that would be counter to your general outlook, I suppose).
Great win!
Well if somebody didn't throw the ball away three or four times in a row on really stupid passes some of us might not gripe about it. Funny how the polyannas want us to praise and uplift the team even amidst five minute scoring drought. Not my style.
Forgive me for being a “polyanna” (sic)

That was the professional educator in me who understands that research has universally found that positive reinforcement is superior to negative. Not to say that one can never be critical of another’s efforts, but merely to say that if the ratio is overwhelmingly negative, it very quickly falls on deaf ears.
Locked Previous topicNext topic