Question for the group

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

GoVU
Lieutenant

Question for the group

Post by GoVU »

Would we have won that game today if we had had a raucous student section in court side today ?

I think they were a HUGE part of what made Memorial Magic so magical.

vandylifer
Lieutenant

Re: Question for the group

Post by vandylifer »

I AGREE a RAUCOUS student section has always/is a HUGH part of "the MAGIC"! I was very pleased today to hear some spontaneous D-E-F-E-N-S-E! (and join in with!) and roars. As a season ticket holder since 1971 I do want to point out that with the first SEC game of the season, especially if it's early, we NEVER have a very good student section -- they aren't back at school yet. So yes, a RAUCOUS student section could have made of difference, but that was not going to happen with the first home SEC game of the year. Let's HOPE they show up for the Georgia game on the 29th SV#
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

vandylifer wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:22 am I AGREE a RAUCOUS student section has always/is a HUGH part of "the MAGIC"! I was very pleased today to hear some spontaneous D-E-F-E-N-S-E! (and join in with!) and roars. As a season ticket holder since 1971 I do want to point out that with the first SEC game of the season, especially if it's early, we NEVER have a very good student section -- they aren't back at school yet. So yes, a RAUCOUS student section could have made of difference, but that was not going to happen with the first home SEC game of the year. Let's HOPE they show up for the Georgia game on the 29th SV#
Did you happen to catch the Georgia game yesterday afternoon? The announcers said that the university had been out of school for weeks and then they showed a shot of the students who had lined up around the common waiting to get in the arena. These students were rocking the house during the game.

I realize that Vanderbilt banned the students from attending the game yesterday. What a shame!
historybill
Admiral

Post by historybill »

I can't speak for the upcoming games, but I don't think there would have been any Vanderbilt students at the South Carolina game anyway because they students are still at home.

Effort and spirit wasn't the problem. Vanderbilt's players worked their asses off.

It's just hard for a guys who are 6-5 to guard guys who are 6-10. You can outhustle them all you want, but there is no room for error.
dore74
Vice Admiral

Post by dore74 »

frankly, we win with a healthy Chatman--in fact we'd have won a whole lot more with him. As usual Coach is doing a really good job with the talent we have. And yes all things being equal i think a gym full of students might well have been the difference...
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

CJS responds to a question about the student attendance issue:

[tweet][/tweet]
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Chapman was the missing student. If he had not been knocked out of game with the re-injury, that one student with his teammates would have won the game. Hope he can play because he is the difference maker in close games.
GoVU
Lieutenant

Post by GoVU »

Stackhouse just said on post game show He would not be playing against Georgia on Saturday.
dore74
Vice Admiral

Post by dore74 »

GoVU wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:27 pm Stackhouse just said on post game show He would not be playing against Georgia on Saturday.
Any word re Robbins? Feel bad for the squad, they could really use those two. Without’em we’re just not good enough. At least at this point in the season.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

dore74 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:36 pm
Any word re Robbins? Feel bad for the squad, they could really use those two. Without’em we’re just not good enough. At least at this point in the season.
Last Saturday he said they were shooting for early February. We'll see. At that point, why play him at all unless he's not returning for another season?
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

GoVU wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:27 pm Stackhouse just said on post game show He would not be playing against Georgia on Saturday.
Man we have been snakebit. At this moment there is a better chance that we lose to UGA than beat UT, which is pretty depressing.
dore74
Vice Admiral

Post by dore74 »

thanks Auric. About the only consistency in the post Stallings era have been the injuries.
Locked Previous topicNext topic