Classless UT fans throwing things on the field

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Golddore68
Admiral

Re: Classless UT fans throwing things on the field

Post by Golddore68 »

belair wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:51 pm If it is $250,000 for storming the field after a game, why is this not $500,000 at least. Storming the field is celebratory with no intent to injure. This is much worse and really needs more than a slap on the wrist or it will happen again.
Of course the golf balls were stolen from the range. Certainly no Titleist. Not even one with a smiley.
The NCAA should take away the rest of UT’s home games and make them play them on the road. Since their fans don’t know how to act. They are supposed to play at home against Georgia. Move that game to Athens. Their other home games are North Alabama and Vanderbilt. Well if they moved the Vanderbilt game their fans would take over our stadium like every other SEC team does so no difference there.

That would be a huge loss in revenue for the college, if they had to give up their home games.

PeteFox
Vice Admiral

Post by PeteFox »

Make them play home games with no fans, like FIFA did to Mexico for racist chants.
JWCommodore
Rear Admiral

Post by JWCommodore »

PeteFox wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:07 pm Make them play home games with no fans, like FIFA did to Mexico for racist chants.
This was my exact thought as well, the only spectators that should be allowed in for the rest of the season are parents of the players.
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

Golddore68 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:02 pm
belair wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:51 pm If it is $250,000 for storming the field after a game, why is this not $500,000 at least. Storming the field is celebratory with no intent to injure. This is much worse and really needs more than a slap on the wrist or it will happen again.
Of course the golf balls were stolen from the range. Certainly no Titleist. Not even one with a smiley.
The NCAA should take away the rest of UT’s home games and make them play them on the road. Since their fans don’t know how to act. They are supposed to play at home against Georgia. Move that game to Athens. Their other home games are North Alabama and Vanderbilt. Well if they moved the Vanderbilt game their fans would take over our stadium like every other SEC team does so no difference there.

That would be a huge loss in revenue for the college, if they had to give up their home games.
while UNA/ Florence AL / Braly municipal would enjoy the influx of money … better make sure plenty of cops are available around town.

Go Lions!!! (I’m from north Alabama and did a couple summer school classes at UNA… Florence is a great town)
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

vu2003rpl wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:49 pm
Golddore68 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:02 pm

while UNA/ Florence AL / Braly municipal would enjoy the influx of money … better make sure plenty of cops are available around town.

Go Lions!!! (I’m from north Alabama and did a couple summer school classes at UNA… Florence is a great town)
They are playing SOUTH Alabama, not UNA. UNA is transitioning to FCS and South Bama is D-1.

And yes, Florence is cool. I stayed at the Shoals Marriott which is very nice. And the little downtown area near campus has some good places to eat now and boutique hotels, etc. Their basketball team came up just short of winning the A-Sun last year as Liberty hung on for dear life in that conference tourney final.

And somehow, their struggling baseball team gave us fits at the Hawk last season. But other than when we play them... ROAR LIONS!!

P.S. - they are not afraid of playing big teams in basketball. @Miss.St. / @Auburn / @UCF / @Gonzaga
GrumpyOldDore
Ensign

Post by GrumpyOldDore »

I remember attending a VU-Tennessee baseball game in Large Orange Country in the early 70's at which full cans of beer were tossed at our team by students. In my youth I didn't reflect on the danger. I only thought how stupid it was to waste the beer. I am sure Saturday night's incidents are seen by Tennessee fans as a part of the "missile program" in their rocket science department.
GrumpyOldDore
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Question sometimes asked about UNA...

"Do they use real lions for mascots or a guy in a lion costume?"

Answer:

Locked Previous topicNext topic