Attendance & Replay Qs?

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

mtnvandy
Captain

Attendance & Replay Qs?

Post by mtnvandy »

Gents et al,

Did ETSU bring a decent crowd?
Have some ETSU buds who made the trip....Assume this is up there with the Keith “Mr” Jennings ncaat hoops win in the early 90s for them.

Any crowd pics showing late game crowd(less) stands?

Perhaps I have some bdsm tendencies but wld like to watch a replay. Will SECN be showing it? Or on youtube or elsewhere on net?

REGARDS,

MtnVandy

VUinFL
Commander

Re: Attendance & Replay Qs?

Post by VUinFL »

SEC Network, 5:00 AM EST on Friday…a prime time slot…all the other SEC games replay multiple times during the week…you can’t blame them
mtnvandy
Captain

Post by mtnvandy »

Thanks inFl for 5 a Fri intel
#ATFD
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Very few ETSU fans and VU students left st half.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

I know there’s historically been a lot of criticism of the students arriving late and leaving early. I think the ones that stayed through a half deserve an award for sitting through…whatever that was. If I were CDD &/or ADCSL I’d wait a while (50, 60, 70 years) before hiring another alumnus as any HC.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

I hate to disagree with Charleston, whose posts I respect, but there were far more ETSU fans there than I thought there would be. Not SEC-opponent level but respectable. Unlike in most games, they were not crammed into sections U & V but were spread out on the east stands except for the student section. The did not bring a band or pep band but they were loud when they wanted to be. I was frankly surprised at their numbers.

Regarding the students, the freshmen, who were all in black t-shirts, were loud and proud and far outnumbered the other students. They did thin out later in the game but a respectable number stayed.

Somebody else referenced the loud piped-in music, which is now normal in stadiums. Although I prefer to hear college bands, I didn't have a problem with it because lots of people -- including some of the players' family members near me in Section A -- stood and danced to it. But once when a player was down, a VU player, the music continued while he was being attended to. That's a no-no. BUT, I THINK (not 100 percent certain) that the deejay is in a box at the top of the southeast stands above the student section and it's likely the deejay couldn't see that a player was down (on the sideline in front of the students) due to the sight lines in that area.

Finally, I thought they did a good job with the Jumbotron, including posting updated scores from elsewhere.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

The students were fine. We need to quit banging on them.
historybill
Admiral

Post by historybill »

In an attempt to social distance, I went over to the ETSU side and can tell you that once I got over there I realized that there were more ETSU fans than I first realized. The fact that their colors have yellow in them hid that fact.

You all do realize that Vanderbilt beat that same team 38-0 just two years ago, right?

The loud music was absolutely deafening and horrible. I took my neighbor, who is new to Tennessee, and we sat beside each other and really couldn't even talk to each other. I used to come back from those games with the sounds of marching bands in my ears... for the next 2 days all I'll hear is that obnoxious moron yelling "third down!" every time we had a third down, which was embarrassing because to be honest when an SEC team plays ETSU they shouldn't even need three downs.
egbertsouse
Captain

Post by egbertsouse »

historybill wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:01 am In an attempt to social distance, I went over to the ETSU side and can tell you that once I got over there I realized that there were more ETSU fans than I first realized. The fact that their colors have yellow in them hid that fact.

You all do realize that Vanderbilt beat that same team 38-0 just two years ago, right?

The loud music was absolutely deafening and horrible. I took my neighbor, who is new to Tennessee, and we sat beside each other and really couldn't even talk to each other. I used to come back from those games with the sounds of marching bands in my ears... for the next 2 days all I'll hear is that obnoxious moron yelling "third down!" every time we had a third down, which was embarrassing because to be honest when an SEC team plays ETSU they shouldn't even need three downs.
As the game wore down I realized how many of those in yellow on the opposite side of the field were ETSU fans.
I did not hear the ref at all, was that a function of the sound system or was his mike defective the entire game?
accent grave over the e
DS2001
Rear Admiral

Post by DS2001 »

Our attendance was a little over 22,000. Next home game is Stanford. They won’t bring a huge away crowd probably. It is Employee Appreciation Night, so a lot of free tickets will be distributed. We may get 26,000 for that one.
VANDFAN
Rear Admiral

Post by VANDFAN »

I think employee tickets are all on the visitors sidelines so you'll know who holds season tickets. Seriously if not for the opposing crowd it would have looked really sad!
VandyH2O
Rear Admiral

Post by VandyH2O »

The game is currently available on demand with subscriptions for ESPN + or SEC NETWORK +. I found it using the ESPN app from my android tablet and from Amazon Fire TV`s ESPN app.
Locked Previous topicNext topic