Potential Basketball Program Embarrassment Incoming

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Grantland84
Seaman

Potential Basketball Program Embarrassment Incoming

Post by Grantland84 »

Periodically I search "Vanderbilt basketball" and "Stackhouse" on Twitter for news about recruiting, coaching staff additions, etc. Today, without intending to do so, I found something pretty disturbing, which I hope isn't legitimate:

As you can see, Stackhouse's verified account appears to have liked a tweet containing the shortened n-word (blurred out) that refers to Hubert Davis's wife as "his alabaster snow roach." Davis mentioned her during his press conference when asked about being the first black head coach for UNC basketball. If, like me, you've never heard of "snow roach," search urbandictionary.com.

Stackhouse's liking this cruel and offensive tweet is unprofessional and beneath the standard of Vanderbilt University. There's no parsing it. It speaks for itself in crudeness and ignorance. Furthermore, I can't imagine what the parents of Scotty Pippen Jr., Dylan Disu, and countless recruits would think.

I appreciate that Jerry Stackhouse may be experiencing sour grapes over the UNC job, but I can't believe he would stoop to this. You can be dressed to the nines, but if you don't have class and high-mindedness, what does that mean?
Attachments
Stack Snip.png
Stack Snip.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 4958 times

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Re: Potential Basketball Program Embarrassment Incoming

Post by dallasdore »

Yeah, small things like this are starting to stack up.

This won't end pretty.
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

Let’s worry about some crap, why don’t we?

Any chance you could be reading intent into something that just isn’t there? Do you know inside the coaches mind?

If you need something to fret about, come back around 8:00 when 2 hs teammates announce their college choices
Grantland84
Seaman

Post by Grantland84 »

Fair enough. I realize that in the last paragraph I shifted towards the conclusion that he actually clicked "like'" on that tweet. As I wrote in the first paragraph, I really don't know whether he did or not. Apologies for the mixed message.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Grantland84 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:50 pm Periodically I search "Vanderbilt basketball" and "Stackhouse" on Twitter for news about recruiting, coaching staff additions, etc. Today, without intending to do so, I found something pretty disturbing, which I hope isn't legitimate:

As you can see, Stackhouse's verified account appears to have liked a tweet containing the shortened n-word (blurred out) that refers to Hubert Davis's wife as "his alabaster snow roach." Davis mentioned her during his press conference when asked about being the first black head coach for UNC basketball. If, like me, you've never heard of "snow roach," search urbandictionary.com.

Stackhouse's liking this cruel and offensive tweet is unprofessional and beneath the standard of Vanderbilt University. There's no parsing it. It speaks for itself in crudeness and ignorance. Furthermore, I can't imagine what the parents of Scotty Pippen Jr., Dylan Disu, and countless recruits would think.

I appreciate that Jerry Stackhouse may be experiencing sour grapes over the UNC job, but I can't believe he would stoop to this. You can be dressed to the nines, but if you don't have class and high-mindedness, what does that mean?
Good grief: he is our coach- let's support him and team. This is a troll post if I ever read one.
Grantland84
Seaman

Post by Grantland84 »

I'm a long-time Vanderbilt fan and alum. Was just trying to sound the alarm because that tweet is being retweeted and liked a lot, and this may become news. Delete my original post if you wish.

Timing on this is weird. I'm very happy about the Dort and Shelby commitments.
MemorialMagic
Rear Admiral

Post by MemorialMagic »

Can I just say that it is odd that this indicates that he liked "your tweet." Could it have been you that tweeted this? Otherwise, I don't know how you would have gotten this view.

Agree on the odd timing of this.
Grantland84
Seaman

Post by Grantland84 »

Sure. Here's the source from which I took a screenshot and snipped:

I have no idea who that is. I don't have a Twitter account. You can use the Twitter search function without having an account. I guess I'm more of a lurker, just as I am on this site.

I feel bad for speculating that Stackhouse has "sour grapes." I just can't imagine a reason for liking a tweet that insults the wife of the man who just received a job you interviewed for. Another possibility is that something Hubert Davis did something to offend him as a fellow UNC alum, but even then...
MemorialMagic
Rear Admiral

Post by MemorialMagic »

Just went through Coach's likes on Twitter. No record of it there.

https://twitter.com/jerrystackhouse/likes

Could have been done in error. Could be a fabrication trying to stir the pot. I formally declare this a non-issue. Move on. We just got early commits from two great looking players!!!
Grantland84
Seaman

Post by Grantland84 »

That's good to know. Thanks. Maybe that other tweet by @Jody_McFly was doctored?
thefan
Captain

Can't understand why Stackhouse would...

Post by thefan »

think he would even be considered for the North Carolina job. His performance at Vandy has been lackluster to say the least!
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

I'm exhausted at people parsing every freaking thing someone does or says. Let him do his job.

I'll note that these two commits clearly suggest that he's getting better in one of the only areas where he appeared deficient.
Locked Previous topicNext topic