University facilities question

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

University facilities question

Post by commadore »

In light of the announcement of the athletic facilities, I started wondering how the project to replace the towers was going. After googling several articles, it appears nothing has been done since bringing down tower three in the summer of 2019. Is that right? If so, why? That leads me to ask if this $300 million project will be completed in my lifetime. Anyone have any answers?

Note: I haven't been to Nashville since March 2019, so I have no real knowledge.

surlyrich
Petty Officer

Re: University facilities question

Post by surlyrich »

Drove down West End last weekend and construction is well underway. They have closed off 24th Ave south from West End due to construction.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

surlyrich wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:34 pm Drove down West End last weekend and construction is well underway. They have closed off 24th Ave south from West End due to construction.
But is that just tower 3, or have they demolished any of the others?
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Keep in mind that they had to delay demolition of the other towers (East) in order to provide additional space for coronavirus related housing. They were supposed to be demolished last summer.
Locked Previous topicNext topic