Was anyone on radio talking VU baseball today?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

historybill
Admiral

Was anyone on radio talking VU baseball today?

Post by historybill »

I don't usually tune into such things, but I flipped on 104.5 several times and they were talking non-stop about the TITANS.

It is June, Vanderbilt just made the College World Series, a freshman pitcher may have pitched the greatest game in college baseball history... and they were talking about the Titans... who don't play a real game for another three months.

EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Re: Was anyone on radio talking VU baseball today?

Post by EllistonVU »

Moral of the story: don't listen to 104.5

p.s.- Plaster just got on twitter since his show will be back in 5 weeks and he tweeted including pictures from all over Hawkins Field yesterday and even went up to the top of the parking garage. But we need to take that show over from day one. Need TONS of Vandy callers. If not, it could turn into Titans and Braves by default. If there are StLouis Cardinals fans in this area (and I see Cards swag every day around here...hats, car plates, etc) jump in there and don't let it end up 110% Braves talk.
VandyFan888
Ensign

Post by VandyFan888 »

I don't listen to 104.5 anymore but I saw a Paul Kuharsky tweet this morning where he was downgrading Rocker's performance. He appeared to be getting a lot of flake in the responses. What a terrible life it must be to be Paul Kuharsky, Oscar the Grouch personified.
I have no doubt he and Withrow will team up to denigrate Vandy baseball today.
When I listen it's only to 102.5, mostly WIllie Daunic. I just wish their signal was stronger.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

SiriusXM ESPNU college sports radio interviewing Corbin now (obviously national radio) and has spent a lot of time talking about college baseball.

Kuharsky was determined to have a contrarian spin, all reasonable logic aside.
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

seen earlier on twitter...

#VandyBoys are headed down to Omaha for the College World Series and we talk to coach @TimCorbin as he joins @dmac_1025 and @WillyD1025 next on Darren and Daunic!

Why would anybody listen to 104.5?
vandybl
Commander

Post by vandybl »

This morning, FM 102.5 had some good commentary on the Vandy baseball wins. Willie Daunic went to the games and had special insight. Very complimentary of Kumar Rocker and the team. Also complementary of the Duke pitcher Jarvis who opposed Rocker Saturday night. Jarvis went to Brentwood Academy. Later, they had a lengthy interview with Coach Corbin. Corbin said it was special to see his players celebrate after their hard work - but they still have things to do. Corbin also praised Austin Martin, saying he was one of the most talented, competitive players he has every known. Corbin and the Louisville coach are very good friends. Should be a great first game. Let's hope the Vandy boys prevail.
BILTMORE
Fleet Admiral

Post by BILTMORE »

104.5 had a long segment with Joe Fisher this morning around the 9:00a hour.
It was good - they talked Vandy bball for about 20 minutes.
Kevin Ingram was in the booth with Fisher for the whole game and tweeted Joe's call of the rocker's final pitch.

Yes, I wish I heard more VU on 104.5 and 102.5, but I'm not going to boycott them for the sake of the untrue perception that they "never talk about VU."

As for Kuharsky - he's just a gaping pustule.
VandyFan888
Ensign

Post by VandyFan888 »

BILTMORE wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:49 pm 104.5 had a long segment with Joe Fisher this morning around the 9:00a hour.
It was good - they talked Vandy bball for about 20 minutes.
Kevin Ingram was in the booth with Fisher for the whole game and tweeted Joe's call of the rocker's final pitch.

Yes, I wish I heard more VU on 104.5 and 102.5, but I'm not going to boycott them for the sake of the untrue perception that they "never talk about VU."

As for Kuharsky - he's just a gaping pustule.
I only boycott 104.5 from 10 am to 2 pm. Otherwise, it's fine.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Corbin coming up on Finebaum (being hosted by Tony Barnhart today).
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

historybill wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:46 am I don't usually tune into such things, but I flipped on 104.5 several times and they were talking non-stop about the TITANS.

It is June, Vanderbilt just made the College World Series, a freshman pitcher may have pitched the greatest game in college baseball history... and they were talking about the Titans... who don't play a real game for another three months.
Bill, in case you're interested, Joe Rexrode and Adam Sparks talked about why the sports talk shows aren't talking more about VU baseball in last week's "Breaking Down the 'Dores" podcast, which you can listen to here:

Vanderbilt podcast: Why doesn't talk radio like Vanderbilt baseball?
BILTMORE
Fleet Admiral

Post by BILTMORE »

Long segment about college baseball on 102.5 this morning. Still going on. Over an hour, largely related to VU.
Founder90
Petty Officer

Post by Founder90 »

It is up to us as Vandy fans to make sure the radio hosts talk about Vandy sports. By calling in and making our voice heard, we can make this happen. SV# VU# AD*
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

historybill wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:46 am I don't usually tune into such things, but I flipped on 104.5 several times and they were talking non-stop about the TITANS.
The Titans? The same titans who drafted Jake Locker while JJ Watt was still on the board available?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Locked Previous topicNext topic