What channel tonight?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vandybrad
Commander

What channel tonight?

Post by vandybrad »

Anyone?

EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Re: What channel tonight?

Post by EllistonVU »

My unofficial guess is ESPN U or 2.

For people without a smart tv, for events on ESPN3, you can hook your laptop or net book up to most TVs with an HDMI cable and watch on a full size TV. If your TV is before they started to have HDMI inputs... well, time to think about a trip to Best Buy next time they have a big sale.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Elliston is correct. the broadcast tonight is listed as ESPN3 - below is one link that tells you how to watch it for free:
https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/watch ... ve-stream/

or you can go to VUcommodores.com and look for the hard to find link to the game which if you have a cable subscription is easy to get on your computer that you have lined up to your big screen tv as Elliston writes above.
vandybrad
Commander

Post by vandybrad »

Un-friggin-believable. ESPN3? For the #2 team in the Country, not to mention one of the hottest hitting teams. They have lost their minds. Why I hate the almighty ESPN.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

vandybrad wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:49 pm Un-friggin-believable. ESPN3? For the #2 team in the Country, not to mention one of the hottest hitting teams. They have lost their minds. Why I hate the almighty ESPN.
UCLA was on ESPN3 last night. It seems like they are airing the more high-profile games on the main networks (ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC Network), while the lower-profile games are on ESPN3. UCLA played Omaha last night, so not a high-profile opponent for the Bruins.
Last edited by Good2BGold on Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

As long as it isn't on ESPNU, I watch it on my TV via my Roku box. They are all the same for me.
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

charlestonalum wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:29 pm Elliston is correct. the broadcast tonight is listed as ESPN3 - below is one link that tells you how to watch it for free:
https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/watch ... ve-stream/

or you can go to VUcommodores.com and look for the hard to find link to the game which if you have a cable subscription is easy to get on your computer that you have lined up to your big screen tv as Elliston writes above.
Even without cable, if you get your internet from one of those big outfits like Comcast or TDS, you can log into to ESPN3 with your Comast or TDS (or whatever) email address. I switched from Comcast to TDS-tv and eventually from that to YouTubeTv but still watch ESPN3 with my TDS email address login because I kept their internet. I actually use netbooks hooked up to my pre-smart TV sets for YoutubeTV, ESPN3, my MLB-tv out of market package, etc thus in effect turning them into "smart" TVs.
Vandyfan22
Commander

Same thing for Sunday?

Post by Vandyfan22 »

Streaming only?
3Lines
Rear Admiral

Post by 3Lines »

[/quote]

Even without cable, if you get your internet from one of those big outfits like Comcast or TDS, you can log into to ESPN3 with your Comast or TDS (or whatever) email address. I switched from Comcast to TDS-tv and eventually from that to YouTubeTv but still watch ESPN3 with my TDS email address login because I kept their internet. I actually use netbooks hooked up to my pre-smart TV sets for YoutubeTV, ESPN3, my MLB-tv out of market package, etc thus in effect turning them into "smart" TVs.
[/quote]

If you subscribe to YouTube TV, you can load the ESPN app on your Roku or other device and get ESPN Bases Loaded which has 2 guys covering all the NCAA games at once. It's awesome. You also get all the individual game feeds. I seriously OD'd on college baseball this afternoon.
Locked Previous topicNext topic