Dansby beaned in head by Red Sox pitcher Rick Porcello

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VanDSIRROM
Admiral

Dansby beaned in head by Red Sox pitcher Rick Porcello

Post by VanDSIRROM »

https://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/swa ... mEmb1ahcO/

Swanson removed from game but not under concussion protocol...will be evaluated day-to-day...

Good picture of Swanson laying on the ground and looking toward the mound with a "I'm not believing you just did that" look on his face...

"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name--He marks--not that you won or lost--but how you played the game." Grantland Rice, VU Alumnus

@AD @AD @AD @AD
Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: Dansby beaned in head by Red Sox pitcher Rick Porcello

Post by Titans309fan »

I am just glad he turned his head away and ducked. Hitting the back of the helmet is so much better than hitting the face. And it wasn't a deliberate pitch by any means. It just sailed.

Since he isn't in concussion protocol, I would guess he plays today.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

He did play today in probably the worst loss of the season. Braves blew a 7-1 lead in the 8th and an 8-7 lead in the 9th to lose 9-8 on a 2-out, 2-run homer.
lippy
Chief

Post by lippy »

Yeah, that was a painful loss. Made me feel better about all the times it's happened just like that to my Out of the Park Baseball Braves. Just one solidly struck ball after another off of every single guy in your bullpen as your six run lead evaporates in the eighth inning. Baseball.

Hopefully it inspires some fire if they get another shot at the Red Sox when it really matters later this season.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

lippy wrote:Yeah, that was a painful loss. Made me feel better about all the times it's happened just like that to my Out of the Park Baseball Braves. Just one solidly struck ball after another off of every single guy in your bullpen as your six run lead evaporates in the eighth inning. Baseball.

Hopefully it inspires some fire if they get another shot at the Red Sox when it really matters later this season.

Fire or no, the current roster of the Braves is inferior to that of the Red Sox. Period. Sure, anything can happen in baseball (as in most sports), but if they played a 7 game series (assuming Price and Sale were healthy and back in the rotation), the Sox would win 90% of those series. The Braves need another year of seasoning and a bunch of help in the bullpen. Realmuto would help as well.
Locked Previous topicNext topic