Vandy-Florida Sunday thread

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

admin
Site Admin

Vandy-Florida Sunday thread

Post by admin »

SECN

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
dcdore
Admiral

Re: Vandy-Florida Sunday thread

Post by dcdore »

Florida is REALLY good. It's like they take advantage of every opportunity and make almost zero mistakes - not just errors, mistakes.

We have a lot of work to do to be competitive with them.
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Let me guess. Today's game is being played in the Coliseum; and we're not the lions.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

dcdore wrote:Florida is REALLY good. It's like they take advantage of every opportunity and make almost zero mistakes - not just errors, mistakes.

It doesn't help that the umps screwed us in the first inning on the called strike on the checked swing and the double down the line that was called foul. That's the second time we've been screwed this weekend on a foul call down the third base line.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

7-2 Florida in the fourth. This has been a disastrous series.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good2BGold wrote:
dcdore wrote:Florida is REALLY good. It's like they take advantage of every opportunity and make almost zero mistakes - not just errors, mistakes.

It doesn't help that the umps screwed us in the first inning on the called strike on the checked swing and the double down the line that was called foul. That's the second time we've been screwed this weekend on a foul call down the third base line.
I haven't been happy with the umping either for the entire series. Most anything close has gone Florida way. There has been like one time in all three games when I've heard the home crowd booing over a call. That tells you something right there.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In our fifth we put 3 on with no outs. What do we get out of it? 1 run, 1 runs, 3 runs. No. Nothing. After all the called strikes against us, especially with 2 outs, why would you stand and watch a close one go by you on a full count? It was a good call by the ump but one that stings for us.
sidewalkdore
Commander

Post by sidewalkdore »

8-2 it just doesn't stop.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

Has anyone else noticed over the years how when the announcers interview someone in the dugout or have a guest in the booth, it's almost always during a VU at bat? Today, they interviewed the Florida pitcher during one of our at bats, then when they interviewed J.J., it was also during one of our at bats. I remember a game last year at South Carolina when the Gamecocks' women's basketball coach was in the booth, and they let her talk through an entire Commodore at bat — three outs — and never mentioned a single player's name on either team in the entire half inning, not the pitcher, or the catcher, or the hitters, or any of the fielders who made a play. I don't get it.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

admin wrote:
Good2BGold wrote:

I haven't been happy with the umping either for the entire series. Most anything close has gone Florida way. There has been like one time in all three games when I've heard the home crowd booing over a call. That tells you something right there.
I agree, Don.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

admin wrote:
Could be too that you're less likely to boo a questionable call when you're comfortably ahead, as Florida has been for much of this series.
Matt2309
Vice Admiral

Post by Matt2309 »

geeznotagain wrote:
admin wrote:
Could be too that you're less likely to boo a questionable call when you're comfortably ahead, as Florida has been for much of this series.
I agree. Them being comfortably ahead likely also has something to do with it.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

i have been impressed at how few Florida fans are in the stands - I know it is Easter but they have the #2 team in the country -
Locked Previous topicNext topic