Never GIVE UP!!

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vandylifer
Lieutenant

Never GIVE UP!!

Post by vandylifer »

Great job by the Ole Miss coach to keep his team POSITIVE and FIGHTING! On Monday, May 2 the Rebels were 24-19 (7-14 in the SEC) and going nowhere. They proceeded to finish the season 18-4, losing a series to A&M, losing to US SV# in that first SEC Tourney game, and to Arkansas last week. They were a #3 seed in the Region and I've heard several times "the last team in" (this years NCAA tourney). The longer I follow college baseball the more I understand it is rarely the "best team" (sorry can't help myself, read: UT) that win's it, but who get's HOT :twisted: at the right time. GET IN THE TOURNEY and you have a chance!
The SEC Tourney means NOTHING. Sure it's nice to win it, but the Rebels prove again, it means NOTHING. They were one and DONE. Think the "Viles" would like to trade places with the Rebs???? :lol:
So next year (and in future years) when we are struggling a bit . . . don't GIVE UP because things "can turn on a dime"!! Ole Miss proves that once again . . . . . . see you at THE HAWK next February. Brrrrrrrrrrr

commadore
Admiral

Re: Never GIVE UP!!

Post by commadore »

Last year Mississippi State was one and done in the SEC tourney as well, if I am not mistaken.
Locked Previous topicNext topic