CWS Game 2

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Versus75
Admiral

CWS Game 2

Post by Versus75 »

I've been expecting to see some CWS chatter here. I'm rooting for Ole Miss due to the SEC factor even though I'm not normally an Ole Miss fan.

Today's game, Top of the sixth in a scoreless tie: Runners on first and third, one out. Oklahoma batter puts down a perfect bunt to score the go-ahead run. But wait! The batter got called out for interference in the same manner Calvin Hewitt was called out in a previous Vanderbilt game (will have to look it up). And the baserunners had to go back.

I think the rule is kinda stupid in that the batter-runner is supposed to stay in the lane to the right of the fair/foul line ... yet the BASE is completely in fair territory. As though you can only step on the base with your right foot.

In either case, the guy should have known the rule (Hewitt knows it now) and the run was taken off the board.

And then while I was typing this, Ole Miss scored in the bottom of the sixth.

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Re: CWS Game 2

Post by charlestonalum »

Ole Miss comes from behind and overcomes some sketchy pitching but closes with the win 4-2
Last edited by charlestonalum on Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dcdore
Admiral

Post by dcdore »

Kinda happy for Ole Miss, but Horton deserved better. He pitched a hell of a game.
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
bornadore57
Lieutenant

Post by bornadore57 »

Interesting, the ups and downs of a college baseball season. When Vandy drew Ole Miss in the first round of the SEC tournament, I thought, that's a very winnable game. Of course, we went one to win that game 3 to 1.

Looking forward to another year of following our Vandy Boys.
fldore
Vice Admiral

Post by fldore »

After we beat them in the SEC tourney, they went 10-1 in the national tourney with only a tight loss to Arkansas in Omaha. Don't think they were as good as Miss St was last year over the course of the whole season, but once again, getting hot at the right time is the key to winning in the college baseball tournament.
SV# VU# Fl@g @AD
Locked Previous topicNext topic