SEC West

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

SEC West

Post by charlestonalum »

I guess the SEC West, like football, has the best baseball. Of course UUT's collapse added to that conclusion. Ole Miss is the late surprise. Could Ole Miss succeed Miss. State as national champion meaning the state has back to back champioships?

Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Re: SEC West

Post by Ndorefin »

My opinion is that there’s no chance….but, I could be wrong!
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

They sure have the talent to do so. They weren’t ranked highly at the beginning of the season for no reason. It wouldn’t exactly shock me.

I know auburn is fire hot right now, but I’m thinking it’s going to be either aTm or Arkansas. I kind of hope it’s Arky, I really like their coach, and have met a bunch of their former players who are great kids.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Finebaum (football guy) says it is Texas. Hope it is a current SEC team, personally, now that the one SEC I don't care for is eliminated.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

I'm pulling for Auburn...just to get to watch Sonny D hit as much as possible. Love that guy, what a stick.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

Arkansas is my second favorite team (son-in-law's alma mater and home state). The Razorbacks lost a heartbreaker in 2018 to Oregon State.

Arkansas won Game 1 of the Championship Series and was one out away from winning game two when the 1B/C/2B (I forget which) dropped an easy foul pop fly. The players may have run into each other.

The batter got a reprieve; Oregon State scored 3 runs in the ninth to win Game 2; then won the championship in Game 3 the next night.

Happy to see Oregon State NOT in the College World Series.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

Levon wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:08 pm I'm pulling for Auburn...just to get to watch Sonny D hit as much as possible. Love that guy, what a stick.
I can't disagree. He seems like he really enjoys the game and his teammates. And who can't cheer for a guy that looks like he'd otherwise be 300+ pounds and unathletic. Great story. I read today that his on-base percentage is well over .500????
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

charlestonalum wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:04 pm I guess the SEC West, like football, has the best baseball. Of course UUT's collapse added to that conclusion. Ole Miss is the late surprise. Could Ole Miss succeed Miss. State as national champion meaning the state has back to back champioships?
You called it….amazing!!! (Like I said, Ms has no chance, but I could be wrong!!)
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Just had a feelung, too bad I am not a gambler. It was a good series.
Locked Previous topicNext topic