OH NO!!!!!

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vutrain
Commander

OH NO!!!!!

Post by vutrain »

Once again utt crapps out in the post season

cc11316
Rear Admiral

Re: OH NO!!!!!

Post by cc11316 »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!! It couldn't have happened to nicer guys. No more listening to the greatest team ever in college baseball talk.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

Cannot tell you how heart broken I am . Bwahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Irish !
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

Cue UT fans whining about the NCAA seeding Notre Dame too low so that UT would have to play a lot stronger team than they should have (like they did after losing to Michigan in the NCAA basketball tournament) in 3 … 2 … 1 …
nyyankeeDore
Captain

Post by nyyankeeDore »

Nomaha for the Vols.
'23 '27 '28 '32 '36 '37 '38 '39 '41
'43 '47 '49 '50 '51 '52 '53 '56 '58
'61 '62 '77 '78' '96 '98 '99 '00 '09
VU#
AuricFan
Lieutenant

Post by AuricFan »

Orange tears a-flowing...

I guess the 2022 Vols were not the College version of the 27 Yankees after all. And, Tony Vitello is no Miller Huggins.
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

Such a shame. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer team or coach.

This is way up there in the pantheon of Vol choke jobs.
zhanglini
Commander

Post by zhanglini »

YES!
@AD
DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

I just can't believe it. I thought for sure they wouldn't lose a game all the way to Omaha and at the College World Series. Gosh, I must have been wrong. Darn.

I feel terrible.

Excuse me while I dab this voluntear running down my cheek.

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Last edited by DeefromAtlanta on Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrumpyOldDore
Ensign

Post by GrumpyOldDore »

I'm afraid I got a little overzealous in pursuing a Chugger loss during the sixth inning Friday night. Anybody know the current rules on de-committing from a conversion to Catholicism?
GrumpyOldDore
nyyankeeDore
Captain

Post by nyyankeeDore »

AuricFan wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:23 pm Orange tears a-flowing...

I guess the 2022 Vols were not the College version of the 27 Yankees after all. And, Tony Vitello is no Miller Huggins.
More like the 1954 Cleveland Indians or 2001 Seattle Mariners.
'23 '27 '28 '32 '36 '37 '38 '39 '41
'43 '47 '49 '50 '51 '52 '53 '56 '58
'61 '62 '77 '78' '96 '98 '99 '00 '09
VU#
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

I hate the Vawls as much as the next VU fan, but I have to admit that they had (have) a hell of a team, and were deserving of their #1 seed. Just goes to show that anything can happen in any given series. But I'm still glad they lost, and will cheer for the remaining SEC schools.
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

Is this he point where FayetteVol comes in and tells us we are obsessed with UT? Or do we need a few more posts for that? SV#
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Fayette Vol is still trying to figure out how the invincible Vols lost again to an academic school. They have completely comitted to athletics and then a real University beats them. Ah well, keep on trying, meanwhile it is great to see Vanderbilt and now Notre Dame remind them how little they really have to feel good about. Notre Dame and Vanderbilt are schools they can never really compete with, and do this is very reaffirming.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

charlestonalum wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:50 pm Fayette Vol is still trying to figure out how the invincible Vols lost again to an academic school. They have completely comitted to athletics and then a real University beats them. Ah well, keep on trying, meanwhile it is great to see Vanderbilt and now Notre Dame remind them how little they really have to feel good about. Notre Dame and Vanderbilt are schools they can never really compete with, and do this is very reaffirming.
Wow! I think that post alone -- not counting the dozen other posts you've made during the UT-Notre Dame series -- pretty clearly indicates SOME kind of obsession, or hatred. :shock: But hey, if the outcome of a baseball game affirms you, then I'm glad for you and please accept my congratulations.

But a quick question about your logic: if, in YOUR view, Notre Dame beating the Vols on a baseball diamond says something about the quality of the institutions :? , what pray tell does it say that Tennessee swept Vandy -- in football, basketball and baseball? :roll:

To answer your specific question: Didn't watch the game today so no idea how the Vols lost. But you must have missed my comment in the Friday night thread, after the ejections: That team is out of control and it will catch up with them when it will hurt them the most.

Prescient, huh? 8-)
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Fayette, my friend, let us agree that the Vols lost whether you watched it or not. My comments about the quality of the schools were made because we actually care more about academic standing than atletics and that explains the difference between the two schools. I admit I enjoy our athletic success, as rare as it is, and it is especially nice when a school like Notre Dame upsets a very capable team like this year's Tennessee baseball team. Had Notre Dame lost they still would have been my preferred team to win in Knoxville. Insincere codolences to all Vol fans. See you next year.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

But, Ilsa, we'll always have ... golf.

Really beginning to worry about your advancing age, old friend, as indicated by the logical inconsistencies in your posts. I'm fully aware the Vols lost. YOU said I was trying to figure out HOW they lost, and I replied that I don't know HOW they lost because I didn't watch the game. But for sure, they lost, as I more or less predicted Friday night. Not to mention the main inconsistency in your post, which apparently went over your head.

And It won't be a year, as I'll be in the Dud about 5:45 pm Sept. 3, watching the frosh run across the field prior to the football 'Dores beating Elon. If you're there, I'll buy you a Gerst. 8-)
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

GrumpyOldDore wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:42 pm I'm afraid I got a little overzealous in pursuing a Chugger loss during the sixth inning Friday night. Anybody know the current rules on de-committing from a conversion to Catholicism?
There is no going back. Your only hope is excommunication. :)
daa84
Petty Officer

Post by daa84 »

A huge mistake to have used Joyce for so long in a blow out on Friday. He wasn’t available to use in the 7th when Burns was clearly losing it. Terrible management by Vitello - I suspect he really thought they still had a chance to come back from down 8-2 on Friday. The way Corbin manages and sets up his pitching staff, he is always thinking about how to get to and through Omaha , even in February.
GrumpyOldDore
Ensign

Post by GrumpyOldDore »

Wonder if Tony Volatile will get rid of his part time pitching coach, and maybe find one with enough experience to know that the definition of a "strike" is always what the umpire says it is.
GrumpyOldDore
Locked Previous topicNext topic