Who will pitch vs. LSU

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Who will pitch vs. LSU

Post by charlestonalum »

series opens Thursday night at 7 central.

Versus75
Admiral

Re: Who will picth vs. LSU

Post by Versus75 »

From vucommodores.com:

"First pitch is scheduled for 7 p.m. Thursday following by a 6 p.m. start Friday and a 1 p.m. Saturday finale. Vandy will hand the ball to Devin Futrell (8-1, 2.52) for Friday’s pitching start, Christian Little (1-1, 2.96) on Saturday and Chris McElvain (5-4, 3.93) on Sunday."

Interesting that the reigning "Pitcher of the Week" is not "On the Bump," so to speak. That's probably due to his pitch count on Sunday.

Note that the pitching start days are not correct above. I expect it should read Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

The LSU website preview of the series does not mention probable starting pitchers.
https://lsusports.net/news/2022/05/18/l ... nashville/
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: Who will pitch vs. LSU

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

I'm guessing that means Carter Holton will get the first start in Hoover.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

This is an important series for national seeding purposes. Our starting pitching corps does not generate a warm fuzzy feeling for me.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

geeznotagain wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:17 am This is an important series for national seeding purposes. Our starting pitching corps does not generate a warm fuzzy feeling for me.
I understand. Though I also trust Corbin. He has demonstrated an uncanny ability to manage rosters over the years. I’m sure he will do what is necessary to secure positioning for Hoover and beyond.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

UltimateVUFan wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:22 am
geeznotagain wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:17 am This is an important series for national seeding purposes. Our starting pitching corps does not generate a warm fuzzy feeling for me.
I understand. Though I also trust Corbin. He has demonstrated an uncanny ability to manage rosters over the years. I’m sure he will do what is necessary to secure positioning for Hoover and beyond.
Since the odds of getting a bye in Hoover are astronomical, I like the move of saving CH for an opening game "elimination" win-or-else situation. I don't always agree with Corbs 100% on everything but on that I do.**

**I know we are NEVER supposed to question a Corbs move, but occasionally it can be done and not considered heresy. But agreeing with this move will spare me from being burned at the stake for now. Or any other form of medieval torture.

*** Since CH has shown the ability to pitch late into games, this could also save our bullpen which to be honest does not have the quality/depth of some past years, with the exception of Schultz who is superb.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LSU Rotation
Game 1: Sr. RHP Ma’Khail Hilliard (5-1, 4.35 ERA)
Game 2: TBA
Game 3: TBA

Vanderbilt Rotation
Game 1: Fr. LHP Devin Futrell (8-1, 2.52 ERA)
Game 2: So. RHP Christian Little (1-1, 2.96 ERA)
Game 3: Jr. RHP Chris McElvain (5-4, 3.93 ERA)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Locked Previous topicNext topic