MTSU

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

MTSU

Post by charlestonalum »

2-1 bottom of 3 with a steal of home to go ahead with 2 outs.

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Re: MTSU

Post by charlestonalum »

I like the grey uniforms.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

5-1 Grayson Moore replaces Cunningham as we prepare for postseason
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

5-2 they get run on 2 hits. Run came with 2 out hit.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

I didn't know Mabry's kid and Trammell's kid play at MTSU.

I saw John Mabry hit a dinger at the previous Busch Stadium the last year it was in use.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Leave runner stranded at second with only 1 out. Got to get that guy in. Game not over still need runs.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

charlestonalum wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:14 pm I like the grey uniforms.
Love the grays. The gold script "Vanderbilt" is electric.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Uh. What did I miss. How was that ruled interference by Jones? He stayed in the base path as far as I could tell. And the contact with the pitcher appeared to occur within the base path and the pitcher was in the lane to the base.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Okay. Never mind. They clarified that it was an out at second. Great camerawork by the crew to not show that at all as it happened.
Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Post by Vandy187187 »

Bradfield is simply on fire. He's 3-3 today and the baseball must look like a beach ball to him these past couple weeks
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Grayson Moore pitching well. 3 up 3 down cosectutive innings as we lead 6-2 into bottom of 7th.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Wow! What a play by Dom on both counts. Fields it and tosses the whole glove with ball stuck inside. :lol:
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Game over 7-2 and we warm up for a very crucial series at home vs. LSU.
Vandybird
Petty Officer

Post by Vandybird »

No Carter Young for the 2nd game in a row. At this point I'd say it doesn't look like the coaches were resting him in the 3rd Arkansas game. I think we have the new Vandy SS in Diaz. The coaches sure gave #9 a long leash before finally yanking him. With Diaz hitting 30 points more on offense and every bit as skilled on defense ..... V-bilt can go all the way in 2022.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

Vandybird wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:31 am No Carter Young for the 2nd game in a row. At this point I'd say it doesn't look like the coaches were resting him in the 3rd Arkansas game. I think we have the new Vandy SS in Diaz. The coaches sure gave #9 a long leash before finally yanking him. With Diaz hitting 30 points more on offense and every bit as skilled on defense ..... V-bilt can go all the way in 2022.
I wouldn’t count out Carter Young yet. Diaz has a much lower fielding % than Young….we’ll see how Corbin handles this situation.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Ndorefin wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:41 am
Vandybird wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:31 am No Carter Young for the 2nd game in a row. At this point I'd say it doesn't look like the coaches were resting him in the 3rd Arkansas game. I think we have the new Vandy SS in Diaz. The coaches sure gave #9 a long leash before finally yanking him. With Diaz hitting 30 points more on offense and every bit as skilled on defense ..... V-bilt can go all the way in 2022.
I wouldn’t count out Carter Young yet. Diaz has a much lower fielding % than Young….we’ll see how Corbin handles this situation.
Yep, this is where he earns his pay and gets those ulcers - tough job.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

I disagree with the "every bit as skilled on defense part" at SS. Plus, with Diaz at short, that puts Noland at 3rd, so we've downgraded our defense at 2 positions. That said, I don't disagree with the change. Young really had morphed into the closest thing there is to an "automatic out" (and way too often a K).
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

geeznotagain wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:20 am
I disagree with the "every bit as skilled on defense part" at SS. Plus, with Diaz at short, that puts Noland at 3rd, so we've downgraded our defense at 2 positions. That said, I don't disagree with the change. Young really had morphed into the closest thing there is to an "automatic out" (and way too often a K).
Geez, geez! I can’t believe you would dare question our new poster and self appointed expert on all things baseball!!! (I think he has something personal against Carter Young!) :roll:
DivergentDore
Commander

Post by DivergentDore »

Young is actually 13pts better than Diaz in SEC only play but Diaz does get on base more and strikes out less. Batting averages of .170 for Young and .157 for Diaz really hurts either way (SEC contests only)
Locked Previous topicNext topic