Today's starting lineup

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Today's starting lineup

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Versus75
Admiral

Re: Today's starting lineup

Post by Versus75 »

VERY interesting. THREE freshmen starting, including one batting in the 2-hole and one on the mound.

Keegan catching as some here had expected. But I didn't expect to see Kolwyck at first base. He has played some outfield for us; I could have foreseen Tate in the outfield and Jones on first.
Minoadoc
Rear Admiral

Post by Minoadoc »

just a scrimmage, so not a lot of tea leaves to read yet. no Carter Young, maybe not ready yet, and no Bulger, who although didn't catch last year, was one of the best HS catchers his senior year. It looks like the hype on Holton might be for real, with chance to be a possible weekend starter
Versus75
Admiral

Re: Today's game

Post by Versus75 »

Pat James
@patjames24
·
46s
UNC puts runners on first and second with one out in the bottom of the ninth, but the Tar Heels can’t scratch across a run and fall 8-5 to Vanderbilt.

Great evening at the Bosh and surely a valuable experience for both teams heading into the spring.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

I got to see the first 4 innings and Bolton looked very good for opening game on road. We won 8-5 but made 3:errors - don't know who or why. We looked loose and confident after 1st inning struggles.
boatrocker
Captain

Post by boatrocker »

I know this is just the first practice game but it certainly seems to be a lineup built around speed.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

You don’t often see the conference (national?) stolen base leader batting #3. That says a lot for Vaz and Diaz and for Enrique’s clutch hitting.
boatrocker
Captain

Post by boatrocker »

Don't forget Gordon sitting in the 9 hole. That's four burners in a row.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

I expect Carter Young to bat in the top 1/3 of the line-up by the time Spring rolls around. I've heard no updates regarding last year's shoulder injury, but am somewhat surprised he isn't already healed.

I'm also a little disappointed that Spencer won't be pitching any this year. It was my understanding at the beginning of his career that his best shot in the Majors was as a pitcher. Hopefully his arm (wasn't it Tommy John?) will recover fully so that he can get on the mound at some point in the future.
Locked Previous topicNext topic